Friday, 16 August 2013

green butterflies ...

Hello! Today is Friday, which means a new challenge over at Crafts 4 Eternity. This week our challenge is a SUMMER theme or element.

I have added lots of butterflies and ribbon roses as my theme and it is coloured with the lush green of Summer.

Papers: Basic Grey ~ Sweet Threads.

Image: Make It Crafty Flower Fairies ~ Dahlia. Coloured with copics and stickles.

Magnolia die cut clouds with a button feature.

More butterflies ..

I am entering this in at the following challenges:
Thank you for looking.


Sunday, 11 August 2013

so happy.

Hellooooo! Well I bet you weren't expecting to see me today! I have just joined the Stamp With Fun design team and today is my debut!

So this week, we have a summer theme! You just can't beat a summer wedding and so that is what I chose.

Papers: The Girl's Paperie ~ Kitch.

Image: fast becoming one of my favourites Magnolia Wedding Tilda. I coloured her with copics and stickles.

I've used Spellbinders dies for the circles and circle scallops. Added loads of Frantage. Loving that right now!

I added a vintage key. First I frantaged it, but didn't like the effect. So I sanded it down and then rubbed on some metallic paint in different shades until I had the look I wanted. Love that some of the frantage still shows through!

The wooden clock is by Prima and got the frantage treatment too.

Some handmade flowers.

I am entering this in at the following challenges:
Thank you for looking.


Friday, 9 August 2013

having a {me} day

Hello! Well it is Friday and that can mean only one thing ... a new challenge at Crafts 4 Eternity. Today we have a colour challenge with 'Corrosion' colours.

I had so many ideas for this, but as with everything, when you start creating, it kind of turns into something else and you think, that wasn't what I was thinking of!

So I had this art journal by Dyan Reaveley, which I bought way back last February, some six months ago!! It arrived a bit bashed and battered, but I guessed that didn't matter if I were to cover it anyway.

Well I didn't even hide it away, it has sat on my craft desk all this time, awaiting inspiration. So when I saw this colour challenge, I knew that I would use it to decorate the cover of my journal.

Now, having read a bit about art journalling, I know that people don't always start at the beginning or work page by page, but that they work randomly on a page here and there. OMG! This is just completely alien to me and sends me into obsessive compulsive disorder! I have to take each page in turn and cannot even start that until I have decorated the front cover. Hence, this is why six months have passed without me touching my art journal. I think!

OK, so for my front cover, and I haven't even touched the spine or back, as that may spell a different story by the time I get there. 

Firstly I stuck down Kaisercraft music paper. I love music, but couldn't read a note to you sadly :( 

Then I added my letters to spell out 'Having a {me} day'. Well I mean, what else could my art journal be about? My letters and numbers were from a chipboard Basic Grey alphabet which I bought way back when and untouched, so it seemed good to use them for this.

I added some other abstract symbols from the chipboard alphabet and also added some Tim Holtz grungeboard elements. 

Then I coated this all with gesso, which I diluted down first with a bit with water, so that the music paper would show through.

Then, when dry, I went about stamping the numbers and symbols with stamps using Archival Ink. The 'Having a {me} day' letters, I dry brushed with paint dabbers using a paint brush. Then rubbed the edges with Treasures paint.

Finally, I randomly inked some splodges and a cup stain with a Bo Bunny stamp. Then painted the whole cover with Clear Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint.

My elastic band got a bit covered with paint and stuff and has gone a bit baggy. So be it!

OK. Not sure I love the end result, but this is my first foray into art journalling, so will go with it! It's either that, or coat the whole with a thick layer of gesso and start again! 

Anyway, I am putting it out there! I do like the texture of it.

Thank you for looking.


Friday, 2 August 2013

just married

Good morning! Today we have a WEDDING challenge over at Crafts 4 Eternity.

I have decorated an MDF horseshoe to create a wedding horseshoe, using Mr & Mrs papers from Pebbles Inc.

Image: Magnolia ~ Doo Bee Pops Bride Tilda. What a name for a stamp!

Lots of embossing going on.

I added some flowers and buttons to the left hand side.

And to the right, a Magnolia tag ...

... and some butterflies.

I'm entering this in at the following challenges:
Thank you for looking.