Friday 17 September 2010

blueberry pie


Welcome to another Friday at Crafts 4 Eternity.

Today we have another awesome sketch, which is so versatile, I had many ideas for this so may well use it again. Also use autumnal colours. I decided not to go with the traditional autumn colours of oranges and browns. Instead, I was inspired by blueberries and upon choosing the papers also picked up on the yellows.

Papers: Sassafraslass ~ Woodland Whimsy: Blueberry Grove, including a section of the border, which I added to the side of the tag.

I distressed a tag, by crumpling it up a bit and inking the edges. Then I decided to stamp a script stamp on there.


I didn't wait for the ink to dry before I glimmer misted it, so of course the wording ran. I was going to throw it away, but quite liked the colours that ran out of it as it matched all my other pieces! I ran it by OH who said he liked it!!! Shock horror! I said, but you can't like it, look all the ink has run and it's distressed. I still like it, he said. Uhmmmmmm. So I went with it.

The image is Magnolia ~ Blueberry Tilda just knew I had to use her with these papers. I coloured her with copics and added some stickles. Those blueberries really sparkle!

The flowers and leaves are Prima, I inked the edges and glimmer misted them. I added some Tim Holtz film strip ribbon.

A couple of lace circles with hand stitched buttons.

The cork clock is Pink Paislee and I added a Tim Holtz game spinner.


I am also entering this into the following challenges:
'something yummy': Raise the Bar
'colours of autumn': Allsorts Challenge
'B themed embellishments': Creative Belli Challenge
'D is for distressing': ABC Challenge
'lace': Just Magnolia
'autumn/fall': Creative Card Crew
'polka dots': Wednesday Stamper
'use food on a project': Stampin' B's Design Team

Thank you for looking.


keeley

26 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Keeley
Fabulous card love the colours and tilda is gorgeous, have a great weekend.
Chris x

Riet Harikini said...

I must say that I am not a Magnolia fan.
But I like your card anyway.
Your colouring is wonderful and how you dresst the card up is wonderful.

Benzi said...

Blueberry Tilda is such a cutie! Love the dp you used and that cork clock is a winner. So many wonderful details here. So glad you joined the Stampin B this week. Hope you'll join us again.

stephanne said...

Oooooooh, I LOVE this!!! I didn't realize until reading that the background wasn't sort of a hilly pastuer but is in fact words!! Well, either way, it works!! I love the colours and tour Tilda looks spectacular, the embellies are terrific and that paper, I NEED some of that!! I have been on a quest for paper, white in base with little blue flowers on and, this will do!! I'm such a copycat!!
hugs, stephanne

~*~Patty S said...

so precious
wonderful colors and design
and you certainly did cover a lot of challenges
I am visiting you from Wednesday Stamper :)
oxo

brenda said...

This is a really lovely card Keely.

Thank you for joining in my Colours of Autumn theme at Allsorts this week and good luck.

B x

Mummylade said...

such fantastic work! Thank you so much for joining the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck.

Riet said...

Beautiful card Keeley,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.x

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card keeley, love the image!
Clairexx

Hermine said...

So lovely

Faye said...

This is so pretty and a real visual feast, I keep going back to look again and then noticing something else. Fab, just fab. xxx

Anonymous said...

Just stumbled across your blog. Wow, that is one gorgeous card! I love the DP you chose and that the blueberries sparkle =) Tilda is beautifully colored!
Shell

froebelsternchen said...

so lovely !

Maria Matter said...

gorgeous Keeley!!! love the distressing! good call to go with the run...looks like you purposely did it...turned out really great! great embellishments too!
hugs & blessings!

Dawny P said...

This is so sweet. I love the image and colours and the lace is really pretty :) Thank you for joining us over at Just Magnolia. Hugs, Dawny xxx

Joanne Leddy said...

How sweet! Love the 3 dimensional objects ... so much to see! Thanks for sharing!

Createology said...

Your choice of fall colors are refreshing. OH is quite right on the distressed look of the wording...definitely adds to the overall texture. Great job!!!

Juls said...

this is gorgeous!! Love the colours and the real vintage feel! Hugs juls

Cherie said...

Beautiful card, thanks for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew,
hugs cherie

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, the iamge is fab. Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge. Sue C x

Kathy said...

Oh this is just gorgeous Keeley! I love the scrappy style of it and the details that you have used are so pretty!! Love the coloring toO!
Hope you have a lovely week!!
BTW ~ I started on some white painting this week!! LOL I did my headboard and hubby didn't even notice!! HAHA
:)Kathy

Emily Keaton said...

Blueberries are SO yummy!! Thanks for joining the Stampin' B's DT this week for our food challenge. I just love that cork clock you added!!

michele said...

fabulous card Keeley hugs xx

Jane said...

Wow!!! this is so gorgeous! love all your fabulous details!! thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia, hugs, Jane xxx

Femmy said...

love the colours and the flowers are so pretty!! great card!!

Unknown said...

Mmmm...blueberry pie....gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing with us at Raise the Bar this week...sorry I'm late commenting!