Inspired by July the 4th yesterday and loving a red, white and blue colour scheme, which just so happens to be the challenge at Crafts 4 Eternity this week, I decided to recreate the American flag in a mixed media style.
I've used a canvas board as my base and covered it with layers of doilies, Liquitex ink and Dylusions sprays.
I wanted it to look like a crumpled up vintage flag.
I tried to make it look as much as like the actual flag design as possible. I have 13 stripes and 50 stars.
I used the Tim Holtz star stencil for my stars.
I'm entering this into the following challenges:
- masculine ~ Mixed Media World
- a canvas ~ The Mirror Crack'd
- destinations ~ A Vintage Journey
- anything goes ~ Anything But A Card Challenge
- red, white & blue ~ Crafty Creations
- wish upon a star ~ That's Crafty