Monday 14 December 2009

lamp post tag: Day 8 ~ Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas

Here is my version of the TH Day 8 Tag, which I used as a topper.

Yes, I've jumped a few. Day 3 drove me to distraction ... creating plaid on glossy cardstock. A whole sheet of 12 x 12 glossy cardstock ended up in the bin and I won't be going back there! Tim said of the plaid that it was 'very addicting'. Uhmmm ... not for me it wasn't! I will go back to the others when I get the time though, as I am interested to try out some more of the techniques he uses.

Challenges:

'Christmas foliage': My Time to Craft.


'Flourishes': Creative Belli.

'Winter wonderland': Stamp Something.

'Music in your soul': Saturday Spotlight.

I was really happy when I saw the Day 8 tag as I actually had the stamp set that he was using, which is the Festive Sounds collection.

Just love that lamp post and would never have thought to stamp it on to grungeboard and ink the edges in that way. I used a black glitter embossing powder on the lamp post as it was the only black embossing powder I had, but I think it gives a more metally effect.

I again used the Little Yellow Bicycle flourish stamp. The holly stamp is by PaperArtsy, I added stickles to the berries.

You might notice that I didn't use the giant key. I didn't have any but pretty sure that I wouldn't have used one anyway. I couldn't see the connection between a giant key and a lampost the same size, other than a marketing ploy   ;-) Besides, I didn't like to cover up my music parchment and I liked it just the way it was.

The cardstock is Webster's Pages: Winter's Wings ~ Snow Tips.

Thank you for looking.

Keeley

having a {me} day

16 comments:

Davi said...

This is just beautiful!! Love the antique look. :)

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Great job with the tag - love your write up about it! Thanks for playing along with us on the Belli Challenge!

Kathy said...

WOW Keeley this is fabulous!!! I LOVE the look of it! Your stamped sheet of music is so cool and that lampost is so pretty! I have scene this in the stores and so wanted to buy it but I am not sure I could do anything with it!! BUT I love what you did! This would be great for everyone's presents!! Love this!
:)kathy

Riet said...

Ohhh wowwww Keely,what a beautiful card,i love your image.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Anonymous said...

Its gorgeous!

Barbara Hagerty said...

This is gorgeous! I love the black metallic embossing powder on the lamp, and I love the flourish stamp you used!! And I agree that the parchment does not need to be covered up with a key the same size as the lamp!! I like the tag on the gorgeous blue paper with the lovely satin ribbon much better than the tag all by itself! I'm still making my tags and haven't done this one yet, but I'm loving the changes you made!!! Beautifully done!!

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! Now this is just stunning!! I think this is such a gorgeous tag!! I have been following my friends that have been doing these Tim Holtz tags and have really enjoyed the inspiration!! :) Thanks so much for adding this to the Saturday Spotlight challenge this week!! HUGS

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Grewat tag, and if you get a chance popover to my blog for some candy too :)

Pat said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous papers, super antique feel to it. Thanks for joining in the challenge at MTTC this week.

Pat xx

Crystal said...

Oh my word this is one absolutely BEAUTIFUL Tag!!!! I LOVE the added music!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight!

Daniele said...

great interpretation of the tag good luck with the others I'm going to have a go in the holidays thanks for joining in the fun at MTTC hugs x

Fern said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Love the Webster's Pages and the lamp post is fantastic, love the way you embossed it.. The flourishes are so pretty layered behind the music parchment. And I looove it just the way it is, too!! Thanks so much for playing along with us on the Belli Challenge!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous tag!! Love the music and the lamp post. I have seen a lot of these Tim Holtz tags. What a great challenge. Thanks for joining us at the Sat. Spotlight this week!

Lesley said...

Great tag! I know what you mean about doing the plaid with alcohol inks from Day 3 - I had a few problems too and ended up with a pile of rejects before I got something useable! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Shelly said...

Hi! Great techniques you've used here, love the tag! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something.
Hugs Shelly ;)

Jodi said...

What a very gorgeous tag you have made! Love your vintage colors! Thanks for joining us at Sat.spotlight!
Hugs
Jodi