Saturday 7 May 2016

copyright 1983 mixed media canvas


Hello! Once again, it's been a while!

Today I have a mixed media canvas to share with a seamstress/needlewoman theme. This one has been in my head for quite some time!

It has lots and lots of layers. I have had this lying on my craft table for a couple of weeks, fiddling and adding layers, until I was happy with it.


To create the layers, I've used old sewing patterns, including the pattern, instructions and the outer sleeve of the pattern. 

I've used tickets, string, alphabet stickers, rub-ons, acrylic paint and matte medium.


More texture with a mini sewing spool. Texture paste through a Prima Scissor stencil and a Memory Box ~ Modern Dressmaker stencil for the ruler.


More layers with acrylic paint and matte medium, adding on and taking off. Many, many layers of this, until I was happy.

The lady was created with a Julie Nutting ~ Rita doll stamp. I built her up with layers of the sewing patterns, rub-ons, acrylic paint and matte medium.


I have decorated the deep sides also, with co-ordinating layers to the front. One side uses the dressmaker stencil from the Memory Box stencil mentioned above.


Finally, I finished the whole lot off with a rubbing of gold wax along the edges of the canvas and the raised parts of the canvas and girl.


Thank you for looking.

Keeley

2 comments:

Amanda said...

A stunning return to Blogland, it's been far to long. I just wanted to put my hand into my iPad and touch this, great textures, love it!
Love
Amanda x

Juls said...

Always so inspired by your blog & creations ... This project really is out of this world, TFS xxx