Sunday 12 September 2010

ladies loo ... banner


OK, finally I get to show you my ladies loo banner. If you missed the matching gents banner you can find it by clicking this link. Just click on any of the pics to see more detail close up. There are lots of pictures in this post.


For the base of each letter piece, I used Graphic 45 ~ Fashionista: En vogue.

I used Basic Grey chipboard letters. I painted them with black crackle paint. This had dried out a bit (again!) but I was able to add a bit of water and mix it up again.The result was that it painted thinly in some parts and thicker in others. I quite liked the different texture that this gave though. When dry, I embossed the letters with gold embossing powder and spritzed with a pink shimmer mist.


For the 'L' piece I distressed a mini tag, added some black lace, and a pink button embossed with gold. The eau de toilette tag is a Graphic 45 ~ Fashionista tag. I just embossed the edges with gold and added some eyelets.

The little circle face attached to the top of the tag is also from the tag sheet and she fitted perfectly on to the back of a Tim Holtz fragment. I embossed the edges of it with gold to distress it a bit, which melted the fragment a bit, but I like it!

For the 'A' I have again use a tag from the Fashionsta tag sheet. I added an eyelet and some gold lace.


The chipboard clock is by Heidi Swapp. I spritzed it with pink glimmer mist. You will find a hint of pink on each section of the banner. I then added a Tim Holtz ~ Game Spinner after embossing the tips with gold.


The letter 'D'. I became a bit frustrated going through all my chipboard alphabets  when first choosing my letters (and I have more than my fair share of chipboard alphabets!), that I couldn't have a consistent run of capital letters, so this banner is a mix of upper and lower case. Grrrrh!


Of course there had to be a domestic goddess in there, for aren't we all?? LOL! I cut her from Graphic 45 ~ Domestic Goddess: Lady of the House, embossed the edges with gold, added a pink button embossed with gold and sewn on with gold thread and then wrapped some pink fibres behind her and a bit of gold lace.


In the photo above for the letter 'I', you can see how I linked each piece together. There are gold eyelets on the each side and I threaded through some sheer gold ribbon and just tied it in a knot on the front of each piece so that it wouldn't fall through.


The housewife tag is from the Graphic 45 ~ Domestic Goddess tag sheet. I gave it the usual treatment and added some pink lace.

The 'asbestos sad iron' (uhhhhh???) is cut from the Domestic Goddess: Happy Homemaker paper and I curled the top corner and embossed with gold.


Bored yet?


The tag for this is from the Fashionista tag sheet. I've added a pink button embossed with gold, threaded through a Tim Holtz trinket pin and tied on a piece of black lace.


I made the last two letter pieces in the early hours of the morning on the day of the party. My OH and myself had spent a mad few days preparing for it and we still had lots to do, so on stumbling across me finishing this banner off, his comment was: Is that really a priority? .... uhmmmm yes?!

I've used a Fashionista tag for this piece, which I spritzed with pink glimmer mist and added some vintage gold lace. Not particularly exciting but I was running out of time.


After making the gents and ladies banners I want to do more! I love the spark of creativity that they inspire. Figuring out what to do with each piece is fun and I like the fact that I get to use up bits and bobs. So expect more from me.

I am entering this into the following challenges:

'shabby or vintage': Stampin For The Weekend.

'fashion through the years': One Stop Craft Challenge.

'distressed tags': Lots to Do.

'all distressed': Sir Stampalot Challenge.

'vintage': Bunny Zoes Craft.

'vintage tags': Our Vintage Affair.

Thanks for looking.

keeley

28 comments:

Unknown said...

worth waiting for Keeley its gorgeous love all the images, def a winner.
Chris x

crafty creations said...

Wow Keeley what an amazing project - I've so enjoyed looking at each and every piece - there is so much to see - absolutley love it

Thanks for sharing with the Lotstodo Challenge x Hilda

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Stunning. Nevermind the Ladies Loo I would have this displayed in my bedroom. Love it. Lynne M

PinksyDoodles said...

Wow, this is amazing! Each section is a work of art in it's own right.
Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x

chris said...

wow wee!! what a lot of work, and totally unique,never seen one of these before, maybe I will have a party then I would need to make one as I am so in love with it.
its certainly fits the distressing challenge beautifully, I love it. can you tell?

hugs chris xx
thanks for joining us in the Sir Stampalot challenge.

pinky said...

Wow gorgeous pieces of work, stunning altogether!!
Pinky

pinky said...

Me again Keeley, thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Femmy said...

fantastic!!!

Sally H said...

What a gorgeous project with lovely distressing! Wonderful! Thanks for sharing with us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

Riet said...

This is so wonderful Keeley.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kate's Makes said...

What a fantastic project, it's fabulous!! Thanks for playing along with the SFTW challenge and good luck! Kate x

Zoechaos said...

WOW indeed fabulous. Love the letters the effect paints made them so textured just want to touch them. Love the images and the way sizes mix the lady taller than her tile. Wonderful banner thank you for sharing with us at LTD this week, xx Zoe

Faye said...

These baaners are both soooo gorgeous. They're too pretty. xxx

brenda said...

Hi Keeley

What an amazin project and there is a matching one as well, wow.

Thank you for sharing with us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

B x
Stampalot DT

Lindsey said...

What a great project! Thanks for joining us at OSCC this week x

Juls said...

wow this is just stunning! I love all the vintage girly images..so creative and utterly gorgeous! LOVE IT!!!! Hugs Juls

Francesca said...

What a gorgeous creation with wondeful details, Thanks for sharing with us at Sir Stampalot and Oscc and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca

ARTfulWings said...

Hi Keeley - this is one amazing project - so much work has gone into this - a little masterpiece!! Thank you for joining in at Our Vintage Affair good luck Polly xx

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Hey there! Wow ... i must say i am really impressed with the work you have put in this. It is absolutely stunning!!!! So much details and gorgeous pictures! Perfect!

stephanne said...

Holy smokes, this is miraculous!! What gorgeous details and such vintage flair!!

Tracy said...

Totally amazing, Fab Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Createology said...

I do wish I would need to use your loo as I certainly would know which one to select. Your banner is over the moon fabulous! Happy creating...

Kathy said...

Oh I love this one toO!!!! The glittery letters are gorgeous and I LOVE this paper!! So pretty!!!
Can't wait to see more ~ you do such a lovely job with them!
:)Kathy

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Gorgeous creation!!!

Linapyssel said...

Woo Hooo...this is just breathtaking!!! BEÀUTIFUL work and so much effort put into it!! Such a great idea!! I would make it my business to go to the loo a few more times than I actually needed just to have a glance at this lovelly banner!!
Thank you for sharing at Sir Stampalot this mounth and good luck to you!!
Lina xx

~* steph :) *~ said...

love your banner, keeley! i love g45 and love how you used it! thanks so much for sharing and have a great weekend! *hugs* steph :)

Anonymous said...

Amazing detail - a true visual treat! Wonderful crafting. Your site is a pleasure.
hugs, Joyce

Sandy Ang said...

What an amazing banner! I just love your work.