Friday 11 November 2011

life is good

Today at Crafts 4 Eternity we have a lilac, green and grey colour challenge. I will leave the challenge police to decide whether my green is green, bluey green or blue as I was going boss-eyed thinking about it!

I haven't made a box for ages, so I decided to make a box for this one.
Here is the top.


I've used my Nesties ~ Grand labels die to make the top and base of the box. The wooden birdcage is from the Pink Paislee ~ Butterfly Collection. I've embossed it and inked it and smeared paint on it until it ended up looking like this. The flowers have had a good spritzing of glimmer mist, so they do sparkle, but that is not showing up in these photos.

Here is the right hand side.


I have used Melissa Frances ~ 5th Avenue papers throughout.

The back of the box.
I've also used strips of Tim Holtz ~ Tissue Tape in places.

This is the left hand side of the box.
I have used a Tim Holtz ~ Corked Vial removed the cork and filled it with flowers. I glued them in to stop them falling out, added some gems and a little crochet doily.

To make the drawers, I used my Sizzix ~ Matchbox die.
Here is the first drawer.


The second drawer.


And the third drawer.


Here are all the drawers together.


I am going to pop this in at the following challenges:
 Thank you for looking.


keeley

14 comments:

Crystal said...

Very pretty box! Love all the embellishments and the lacy trim is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes this week :)

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

This is a beautiful box! Love the colors, all the gorgeous embellishments and the the crocheted pieces too! Thank You so much for joining our punch and die-cut challenge at Dutch Dare this week!

Riet said...

This is so wonderful Keeley.

Hugs Riet.xx

Fleur said...

Absolutly beautiful, Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Truly Scrumptious this fortnight, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

Faye said...

Another fabulously detailed and gorgeous project. AND I bet it only took you something stupid like thirteen minutes to create it too! Pah. xxx

Jenny said...

Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.
Such a fabulous creation - love it!

Createology said...

Your little handmade box is just precious. I think your colors are beautiful. I adore all the details you put into this project. Blissfully Inspirational..

Dorte said...

So many beautiful details on your stunning creation, so lovely.Thank you for joining our 'punch time' challenge at DDCC.
hugs Dorte,x

Anonymous said...

Oh this is SO cool!
What a total treasure this project is!

I wanted to come by and tell you Congrats
on being chosen the winner of our challenge
at ABC and also for being chosen to be our
Guest Designer! Way cool!

Hugs, Leah

xxxtglxxx said...

This is so impressive Keeley, it looks brilliant hun! :)

Beautiful colours and such pretty details. I have never seen a box like this, it blew me away :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Wow wow wow.. this is such a gorgeous project!! The colors are certainly beautiful, and I love all the flowers you used. Wonderful, lovely work! Hope you have a beautiful day today!! :)))

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Oh, this is a stunning box Keeley, fabulous papers and absolutely gorgeous details, it's a treasure in itself!

Hope you're having a great week!

Love
Maarit

Donna said...

Wow Keeley, this is so beautiful and such an amazing attention to detail, must have taken ages to create, stunning work hun :) Donna x

Juls said...

so creative, utterly beautiful and just perfect!!! LOVE each and every detail!!! Hugs Juls