Tuesday 5 October 2010

man's 50th birthday

Hello all! I hope that everyone is ok. It's been quite a while since I last blogged. I went away on holiday to the very lovely Spain for a few weeks. Took the rain with me and then brought it back home again it seems! 

We stayed here for a few days at the start of the holiday, with a friend who lives there.
6km from the nearest town, surrounded by olive and almond groves. Some just planted!

So peaceful and quiet. Bliss!! And the sun shone the whole time we were here!


After our stay here, we headed south to civilisation (and rain). Fortunately, I had my ipad with me so was able to have a quick surf of the net whilst topping up my non-existant tan! LOL! 

So, on to my card. I wasn't going to blog this, as I don't think it is as exciting as I wanted it to be! But as I've been quiet for a while and my mojo is scrabbling around for some inspiration, I thought I'd show this, as an example of how NOT to do a man card! LOL!


I've used papers from the Tim Holtz ~ Vintage Shabby pad.

The 'Happy Birthday' sentiment was stamped from individual letter stamps by Paperartsy, which I embossed.

The metal '50' numerals are Tim's of course. I enjoyed hammering those brads into place :-)

The birdcage stamp and die is also by Paperartsy. I embossed the image and added some of Tim's ball chain.

I just love birdcages and when we were on holiday we kept passing this shop which had a really old vintage brass birdcage in the window and I stopped and drooled down the window looking at it every day. I wanted it! It had no price tag on it though and I didn't dare ask! 

Then one day, we were in my favourite jewellery shop and I saw my OH buy a little charm. He said it was a Christmas present, but then on the last day of  our holiday he gave it to me! Woohoo!
It's a birdcage charm for my Thomas Sabo charm bracelet. The bottom opens up to reveal a little bird. So cute!

Whilst I'm here, I will enter the following competitions with my card:

'numbers': Simon Says Stamp & Show and Creative Belli.
'something to celebrate': Stamp Something.
'neutrals plus one colour': Gingersnap Creations.


Thank you for looking!


keeley



14 comments:

Unknown said...

well I dont agree with you I think it is fantastic, love all of it, great pics it looks gorgeous there, and your little charm is adorable
Chris x

Nancy said...

I really like your card!!
Thank you for the photos from your trip - have always wanted to travel to Spain.
How sweet of your guy to buy you that charm!
Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge!

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is very nice- I love all of the elements which you have so nicely photographed- including that bird cage! Thanks for joining us at the Creative Belli Challenge. And, Happy 50th

Juls said...

your card is just fab!! I would never of thought of using a birdcadge for a masculine card, but it works perfectly!!! I have this stamp you have inspired me to get it out and have a play.....also your little charm is just utterly gorgeous!!! Hugs Juls

Thebug415 said...

Very nice! You are soo good at the vintage thing...this looks great! Happy 50th! Thanks for joining us at the Creative Belli Challenge.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Pretty pictures!! As for the 50th birthday creation - I love the silvery numbers and the blues. The "Happy birthday" letters are cool too! This is gorgeous!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Keeley,I love the images and your papers.
So gorgeous photos.

Hugs Riet.x

Lorraine A said...

fabulopus card ,,, I think it's just perfect !! :-) The birdcage is lovely and I LOVE your charm too ,,, gorgeous !! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Stamp Something Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Keeley, I think you did a great job on this card. There are a lot of great elements on it. Thanks for entering it in the Belli Challenge!

Unknown said...

Keeley ... take my word for it ... this is the perfect man card ... fun to make and classy too! Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week!

Kim x said...

Keeley your card is lovely and we all know how awkward men are to make cards for. I love the birdcage too.
Kim x

Faye said...

Hello sweets, missed you, but the holiday sounds great (and well deserved) and the charm is sooooooooooo pretty. The card is, as ever, stunning. xxx

michele said...

Fabulous card Keeley :) spain looks wonderful and I love your birdcage charm so sweet! hugs xx

Ali Manning said...

This is an awesome man card - I love it! Thanks for playing the Gingersnaps color challenge!