Friday 29 October 2010

walking in a winter wonderland



Today we have another fabulous challenge at Crafts 4 Eternity

We are required to use the sketch (which I turned on its side) AND add a Christmas tree.

I am also entering this into the following challenges:

'sweet treat': Cupcake Craft Challenges
'Christmas': Stampavie & More
'die cutting/punches': A Spoon Full of Sugar
'punches & die cuts': Simon Says
'main colour blue': Theme Thursday
'transparent element': Cute Card Thursday (top layer of tree)
'chipboard': If the Show Fits (bottom layer of tree)
'claret & blue': Something Completely Different
'winter wonderland': Fussy & Fancy Friday
'punches': Creative Card Crew
'G is for glitter': ABC Challenge

For my piece I have used Little Yellow Bicycle ~ Christmas Delight papers. So pretty and I love the extra thick cardstock weight. Thick and luxuriant. I hate when our fave paper manufacturers substitute ultra flimsy papers for the same cardstock price, but not so with these LYB papers. I have used Frosty Flurries, Reindeer Crossing and Starry Night.

For the tree I used a Tattered Angel ~ Glimmer Chip Tree which I glitzed with Glimmer Glam before adding a matching Glimmer Glass tree with glossy accents. I spritzed on some glimmer mists and added more glimmer glam! WOW! That was a mouthful!

I just love this sweet Magnolia - Gingerbread Tilda. I coloured her with copics and added some stickles.


On the edges of the snowflake papers, I brushed some Glimmer Glam. Just wished it came with its own applicator so I don't have to keep washing it up!  Otherwise I love it!

The ric rac ribbon is felt ribbon which I also brushed with Glimmer Glam. WOW! Love the transformation that gave! 

Added some diecut snowflakes and there you have it!

Thank you for looking.

keeley

20 comments:

Lisa (mldesignworks) said...

What a beautiful card! I love the colors you chose, and the glitter under Tilda's feet is so sweet! Very well done! Thank you for joining Fussy and Fancy this week! Lisa :-)

Artyjen said...

Ooh! Such a sweet claret and blue creation :) Pretty papers and a cutie tilda...lovley
Thanks for joining us at SCD this week
xoxo Sioux

K said...

what a great card!

Gez Butterworth said...

Totally gorjuss! Love your colouring. :) Thanks for joining us at Something Completely Different this week. Gez.

Riet Harikini said...

Lovely, you made a beautiful card and great colouring.

stephanne said...

Awww, now that is just as sweet as can be!! LOVE the colours and the yummy glittering goodies!!
hugs, stephanne

Carol Plume said...

what a gorgeous card! I love it!

Thank You for sharing at SCD

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Keeley,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Laura said...

Very sweet and love the way you have used the colours. Thanks for joining us at SCD.

Anonymous said...

Fab card, love the way you've used the tree. Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge. Sue C x

Faye said...

Oh Keeley, this is soooooooooo pretty. I love that she's standing on snow. The detail you put on your cards is awesome. Thanks also for playing at Cupcake. xx

Unknown said...

What a beautful card (love all the stiching) Thanks for playing with the SCD tam this week

Love Dawn xx

Chrissie said...

This is such a lovely card!
Thanks so much for joining in our challenge at the Creative Card Crew this time!
Chrissie

Kiki said...

Such a lovely christmas card! The image is so cute and colored perfectly! Fantastic!

Thanks for joining us at SAM this week.

Hugs, Kiki

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Hooray for new Magnolia! I love the scene you've created and the colors you used! Nice stitching too! :)

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Mandy said...

Aww your card is absolutely gorgeous, love the sweet Tilda you've used and the papers are lush.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our punch 'em challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Unknown said...

this is great! tilda looks fabulosu!!! Thanks for playing along at If the Shoe fits...SCRAP IT!

Vanja said...

Gorgeous card! Fabulous papers and colouring.
Thank you for joining us at CCT! :)
Hugs, Vanja

michele said...

beautiful card Keeley :) sorry I'm late visiting hugs xx

Juls said...

gorgeous! Loving all your added sparkles! Hugs Juls