Tuesday 7 December 2010

just a note: Day 2 ~ Tim Holtz 12 tags of Christmas 2010


Well here I am at my second tag of Christmas from Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas: Day 2. You may think mine looks nothing like Tim's and it is true. I've just used different stamps, different coloured inks but the general gist of his techniques is there. 

Also you might notice that I am not following the Christmas theme. Ho hum, that is me just contrary ...

 
This piece came together so quickly, the actual tag took just minutes to make, compared to my Day 1 tag.

All stamps used are from Darcie's Stamps ~ Just My Type. Oooooh , I just {love} these stamps. 

I must admit I didn't use the 'cut 'n dry felt method' on this piece as I didn't have the necessary felt (but it is on order  ..... sssssh don't tell OH!). For the vintage typewriter, all I did was ink directly to the stamp, using the darkest ink in the middle and working out to the lightest ink at the edges. So, from dark to light, I used Black Soot, Peeled Paint and Shabby Shutters distress ink. Then I embossed it with clear embossing powder and just love the effect it gave. 

When I stamped the word stamp background I just created a cut out template to block out the paper coming from the typewriter.

 

I like to do something with my tags, and for this it seemed appropriate to create a notebook with my Bind-It-All.

I've added some layered wooden beads with a green pearl brad centre to add some texture to the final piece.

The background paper is Basic Grey ~ Dasher: Snowfall Pear.

I am entering this into the following challenges:

'words': Lots To Do.
'vintage hues': Gingersnap Creations.
'create a to do list or organiser' Paper Cubed.

Thank you for looking.

keeley

13 comments:

Createology said...

I love your tag. That is what is so fun about being creative...no copying and merely being original just like this tag of yours. Happy tagging...

Riet said...

This is so beautiful book Keeley,I love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Unknown said...

Fantastic I like the way yours is different dont see the point of copying someones else's, love it.
Chris x

Crafting Queen said...

Love the tag and perfect added to your book. Thank you for your comment about my sister,so far so good. Hugs Anesha

Faye said...

I see you're loving the TH grungey look right now! And I have to say I'd be happy to receive this gorgeous book. I'll let you know when it's arrived! ;)
xxx

penny4thoughts said...

Your tag is terrific! I love that you put your own twist on it, and the ink variations on the typewriter stamp are great. Thanks for playing along with us at Gingersnap Creations :-) such a great vintage feel to your tag.

C said...

Love your vintage look tag! Thanks for joining us at Papercubed!

Zoechaos said...

Little bit of a new layout here very smart. Your Tag is fabulous and could not be more perfect for our Words theme this week. Thank you for sharing with us at Lots to do xx Zoe

Juls said...

wow this is just gorgeous!! Love the real vintage feel to it!!! Hugs Juls

Sandy Ang said...

Christmas or not, this one is fab! Love the vintagy typewriter and subtle glitter from the embossing.

SmilynStef said...

I love that your showcasing the techniques in a "non-holiday" design ... and that vintage typewriter is fabulous ... so glad you joined our fashion-themed fun at Gingersnap Creations.

michele said...

Fabulous notebook Keeley love the typewriter themed tag hugs x

Lorrinda said...

Love the vintage look of this! Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at P3.