Wednesday 29 December 2010

WOYWW & my new toy!


Hello everybody, I hope that you all had a really lovely Christmas. Unfortunately the cold/flu lurgy stayed with me throughout, but fortunately, I managed to find enough energy to be able to join in the festivities, even though my nose was streaming!

Today I want to join in at What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday and show you one of the presents that my sweetie bought me for Christmas. Here it is on the kitchen table where I normally do my machine stitching, but now I have decided it is too good to leave here and have moved it into my craft room.

It is a Janome Computerised Sewing Machine ~ DC3050. I chose this one as I wanted a variety of stitches. My last machine was a Singer and I've had it for decades. I used to make all my own clothes with it, then furnishings such as curtains and then finally for card making. The poor thing can only do zig zag stitch these days though (not even straight stitch) and I was getting a bit bored of that!


In this picture, I have moved it to the floor in an effort to find some better light to photograph by! It is sooooo gloomy here today. I haven't had a chance to use it before today, as we have been away.

It can do 50 different stitches, which is what I love about it but I also chose this one as it is capable of going through several layers of thickness as it has and I quote 'extra needle penetration power'.


Finally, it has made it to my computer desk where it will probably stay as there is no room on my craft table, but as they are in the same room, it will make things easier for me. 

I've been having a practice with some of the stitches and now I think I'm about ready to make something for real!! It comes complete with 6 different feet and the extension table detaches if you want it to and you can store all the extra gadgets and spools inside.

Well, I'm having some holiday at home for a while, which means I get to play! Back soon to show you what I've been up to.

Thanks for looking.

keeley

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Everyone seems to be suffering from the cold hopefully it didnt put too much of a damper on xmas, although this machne would certainly cheer you up, Janome is a brilliant machine, I have a phaff and the poor thing is just sitting gATHERING DUST, cant wait to see your creations, have fun.
Chris x

Juls said...

fabulous!!! cant wait to see what you do with it! hugs Juls

Minxy said...

WOW, look at the stitches on that thing.. I WANT ONE lol
have fun playing, Happy WOYWW and wishing you a very happy new year x
hugs Minxy #33

Mrs A. said...

Now thats some machine. Will be interested to see what you start making with it. #59

Sherry Goodloe said...

What a REALLY nice gift you got there!! Oooooooh I can see lots of creativity in your future *smiles*

I'm #20 on the WOYWW list this week. Stop by when you get a chance.

And a Happy *almost* New Year to you!!

Rhonda said...

Hi Keeley, love your new sewing machine! What a fab Christmas present. Can't wait to see what you create with it. Happy WOYWW! #4

Chelle said...

Congratulations...have fun stitching. Happy New Year #64

Faye said...

Oh Hun, I'm so sorry you've been poorly. I hope you're on the mend in time for new year. Sren't you a lucky girl. Does in make you a cup of tea as well? Big hugs. xxx

Sid said...

That machine is an inspiration !! Good luck in using it !!

Marjo said...

Awesome sewing machine..I got a baby one to use on cards...haven't figured out how to use it yet...lol This one looks like it can do all the work!

Happy creative crafting in the New Year. Thanks for the peek and sharing, hugs Marjo #10

Susanne said...

What a lovely new toy! Enjoy it. Happy New Year! S #48

Createology said...

Wonderful and very thoughtful gift. You will have a total love affair with all you and this machine will be able to create. Health in 2011...

JoZart Designs said...

Janome are excellent machines (I used to work for the company) So reliable and never go wrong except those sadly and badly ill treated by the users. If ever you have a query just email.
BTW stitch 14 is really useful as an overlock stitch stand in, if you don't have an overlocker! You'll see one of my 3 Janome machines on my desk this week!
Happy 2011
JoZarty x

Anonymous said...

Now that's what I call a sewing machine! Does it make the coffee too???!

Hugs
Brenda 81

Serendipity Stamping said...

Wow you really do have a great sweetie! Wish I got a present like that once or twice. LOL Waiting to see what wonderful things you do with it. #75

Pam said...

WHOO HOO! Congratulations on your new toy. This is going to be an exciting year ahead! Get healthy and ready to break it in for 2011. Hauoli makahiki hou from AmberInk (#1 this week!)

Susan said...

Fabulous machine! I can see many hours of fun there!
Happy final WOYWW for 2010 and Happy 2011!
Susan #13
http://stamponme.blogspot.com/

oneoff said...

I'm sorry you've been so full of the dreaded lurgy. If I didn't know better, I'd swear we WOYWWers were sharing it around through the interwebs! Hope you are soon well enough to really enjoy that magnificent machine. Happy sewey 2011!

Bernie #17