Thursday 3 December 2009

white christmas: Day 1 ~ Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas

I've decided to play along with the Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas. I intend to do all 12, but it may take me the whole of December to get there as I have other projects on the go. So here I am at Day 1, running slightly behind (he has already published Day 3).

I am going to make these with the stash I have available, so I may not use all of Tim's products (is that a hanging offence?!). I will do so where I have them, but otherwise I will improvise. Well he does encourage us 'to think outside the box' and that appeals to me, rather than replicating what he has produced.

I am also entering this into the following challenges:

'Anything with hats' ~  Saturday Spotlight.
'Christmas' ~ Creative Card Crew.
'Snowmen' ~ Paperminutes.

Click photo to see detail.


Stamps used:
Snowman: Inkadinkado.
Snowflakes: Hero Arts.
Flourish: Little Yellow Bicyle.

I was aiming for a vintagy look in the colours that I chose.

Other products:
The scarf around his neck drove me crazy. This is the 5th scarf I made for him. Not sure that this image is really cut out for a scarf, so may remove it yet. All of my red ribbons looked a bit too bright, not very vintage looking at all and the browns looked blah, so I finally settled for this one.

Another view:

White Christmas stickers: Making Memories.

I didn't have a grungeboard flourish, so used a Fancy Pants chipboard flourish.


Thank you for looking.

Keeley

having a {me} day

8 comments:

Heike said...

Oh, my dear, I´m overhelmed.
It´s so adorable and brilliant... I can´t say anything...

Hugs, Heike

Dawn B. said...

Wow what a beautiful tag.. I love the snowman.. Really nicely done.. Thanks for joining us at Spotlight Saturday.

Crystal said...

WOW Fantastic Tag!!!! Thanks for joining us at Spotlight Saturday!

Davi said...

This tag is fabulous!! Love the colors. The snowmak is wonderful!! Love it!!!

Jessica G. said...

Wonderful vintage snowman and perfect touch with the icicles! Thanks for playing in this week's Saturday Spotlight challenge!!

Anonymous said...

I'm seeing so many people playing along in Tim Holtz's challenge lately!! What an inspiring tag!! Love the details put into this and of course that snowman is adorable!! Thanks for adding it to the Saturday Spotlight this week!! HUGS

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is such a sweet tag. You did an awesome job with all those distress inks and I love your image!! So vintage. Thanks for playing with the Sat. Spotlight challenge this week.

Carola/Schokofee said...

That looks really great!

Carola