Saturday 30 November 2013

Oh! Christmas tree


Hello! Today we have a non-traditional Christmas challenge at Crafts 4 Eternity, so use non-traditional colours, images etc to create you Christmas creation.

I've made another collage incorporating the skills I've learned so far.

I created this on a non-sticky backed canvas piece. Love how it has held it's shape, although my photos don't show that! 

My tree is a little bit higgledy piggledy, first it sways to the left and then it sways to the right.

Here are some close up so you can get a feel for the texture.

The title which I printed out.


Top of the tree with a Prima butterfly. I tried to stick so many things to the top of this tree and they would not stay stuck, even with glossy accents, so I guess they weren't meant to be! I finally struck gold with this butterfly.


I've got a whole box of rub-ons which I've bought over the years and never used, so I am having great fun using them up now. I came across these Christmas lights and knew they would be perfect for my tree.


The sparkly things are some little sequins I received as a freebie with a package I ordered.I used them all here.

Base of the tree.

I am entering this in at the following challenges:
Thank you for looking.

Keeley

13 comments:

Amanda said...

Keeley I absolutely loveeeee this collage, I love how your tree isn't straight and the colours and the background and the tree lights and the stitching, fabulous!!
Love
Amanda x

Pia S said...

I LOVE this style! This is a fantastic textured look - such a fun tree and those rub-on tree lights are so perfect for this Christmas tree!

Juls said...

Love love love this!! Hugs Juls

michele said...

WOW! This is so gorgeous Keeley! Love it especially the butterfly tree topper & all the texture & run ons.....everything lol! have a great weekend hugs xx

Debbie said...

FABULOUS!!! I love everything! Who you sending it too?!! LOVE YOU! Still rowing!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous, love your collage tree, it's fantastic!

Bridie said...

Brilliant design, really unique

Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

Have a lovely day!

Hugs

Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at SFTW challenge, good luck and hope to see you again cheers Sue N

DonnaMundinger said...

Was just browsing on the Corrosive Challenge blog and spied your gorgeous work and HAD to come comment. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Love, love, LOVE it! xxD

Olivia said...

You did an amazing job. Love all the elements you used. Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts.

Leslie Hanna said...

I LOVE the wonky tree layers! And a super use of stash with the rub-ons and bling.

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Mish B said...

Wow! This is awesome! Love the way you pieced the tree together and the stitching. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!

Bananastamper said...

Oh my goodness - this is just yummy! No that doesn't quite cut it - it is GORGEOUS!!! Wow!!!
shanna :)