Saturday 30 January 2010

live love laugh

Challenges:

'Freestyle (anything you like)': A Spoon Full of Sugar.

'Butterflies': Quixotic Challenges.

'Flowers': Cute Card Thursday.

'Summer in winter': Dutch Dare.

'A butterfly, a flower and a die-cut': Stampin' B's Design Team. (I have assumed my acrylic cover is a die-cut.)
                  
I have made a chipboard front and back cover and also added a thick acrylic cover. You can see the effect better in this photo:
                                    
I have applied an orange butterfly and white scroll rub-on to the front cover. The 'live love laugh' is also a rub-on applied to the inner chipboard cover.

Papers and rub-ons: Little Yellow Bicycle ~ Delightful Collection.
                          
It might seem quite plain but I didn't want to cover those beautiful papers up. I've rounded the edges with my round-it-all.

Image: Magnolia ~ Tilda as Butterfly, coloured with copics and stickles added.
                                     
Click to enlarge

I created her antennae with beading wire and just stuck them to the back of the image. It seemed a much more neater effect than cutting round the card antennae.

You can't see them on the other side of the acrylic either, as I stamped the image onto another piece of cardstock, which I cut out and stuck down on the other side of the acrylic. You can just see a glimpse of this in the 4th photo above.

Thank you for looking.

Keeley

having a {me} day.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

What a really beautiful creation - for this is what this gorgeous book is!! I love the colours you have chosen and this is one of my favourite Tildas. Thank you for joining in with us on Cute Card Thursday. Lol Lynn ♥

Beryl said...

This isn't plain at all. It's really beautiful. The acrylic looks great and doesn't imterfere with the lovely bp at all.
Beryl xx

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful mini book, love the decoration. Anesha

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous book...thanks for joining us at Quixotic Challenges.
Carole

Juls said...

wow this is just gorgeous!! you are always so creative!! Hugs Juls

Kathy said...

WOW this is too cute for words!!! I love what you did here and I think not covering those papers was a great idea!!! So pretty ~ I actually thought you stamped them!!
Such a gorgeous creation Keeley!!
:)Kathy

michele said...

stunning! hugs xx

BA said...

this is really cute, your colorin is stunning
xoxo BA