Saturday 10 April 2010

sweet dreams


The challenge over at Crafts 4 Eternity has now switched to 9pm on a Friday. I am a little late posting my DT entry this week as I haven't been able to upload any photos until now.

The recipe this week is:

The sketch.

Use foil.

Add a tag.

I am also entering this into the following challenges:

'On the spot': My Time to Craft.

'A card for a child': Simon Says Stamp Challenge.

'Buttons': C.R.A.F.T Challenge although I have only used one so I hope that counts.

'Embossing': Lots To Do.


Papers: K & Co ~ Urban Rhapsody.

The 'sweet dreams' sentiment is a K&Co foil sticker from the same K&Co paper range. It was a bit bright for my liking, so I toned it down my rubbing on some stickles. When that was dry, I glazed it with Rock Candy crackle paint.

I cut the star using my Cricut out of grungepaper, ran it through a star embossing folder, painted it with crackle paint of the type you are not supposed to heat up to make it dry quicker, but I did heat it up so it didn't crackle. I went over it again with the Rock Candy. I embossed the button with gold and stitched it to the star with gold thread. I've also added some gold embossing to the edges of the papers.


Image: Penelope Johnson ~ Sweet Dreams. I love these new PJ images, so cute. As usual, I've coloured her with copics and added some stickles.

I was concentrating so much on working the foil into my project that I forgot about the tag until the last minute. I stuck a scrap of the patterned paper to some grunge paper, cut out a tag shape, embossed with gold and added a gold embossed flower and ... voilá!


Thank you for looking.

keeley

16 comments:

sam21ski said...

Oooh Keely this is such a lovely card, just love everything about it

Thanks for playing along with Lotstodo this week - Sam xxx

crafty creations said...

Hi Keeley - gorgeous card - love the colours and the layout

Thanks for sharing with the Lotstodo Challenge xx Hilda

Unknown said...

Hi Keeley hope you are havin a nice weekend your card is gorgeous and that is a lovely image, beautifully coloured.
Christine x

Christy said...

Love it!!!

Eiglas said...

Unusual card Keeley! Super colours!
Thank you for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T this week!
Hugs,
Eiglas
x

Faye said...

How lovely is your card! If I didn't like you, I'd not like you for it!;) x

Lesley said...

What a cute card! Lovely image! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Juls said...

wow wow wow!!!!! This is just so incredibly gorgeous!! Hugs Juls

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Keeley,i love your images and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

peggy gatto said...

your details are gorgeous. lovely card!

Kathy said...

Oh my Keeley!!! This is such a sweet card!!! Love the colors and of course your coloring is fabulous!! Your embossing is gorgeous as well!!
:)kathy

Trimgym said...

Hi Keelie, lovely to see you joining us at CRAFT Challenge again this week. Great buttons card. Thank you for joining us and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.

Andie's Space said...

Hi Keeley!
WOW, there is so much to see on here, it looks wonderful. Love all the details & the colouring is fabulous. Better get my rock candy out & give it a whirl if it's going to look this good. I've not used it before. Love it!!
Hugs,
Andie xx

debby4000 said...

Oh what a cutie, fabulous card Keeley.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps.
luv
Debby

Jaqi said...

how beautiful what a cute card , someone is going to be over the moon to get this .

michele said...

gorgeous card Keeley! love all the detail and work you have put into it. hugs xx