Wednesday 16 June 2010

precious memories




I was delighted to be asked by Robin to be guest designer this week at the Creative Belli Challenge Blog.

The Belli challenge encourages us to use our OLD and FORGOTTEN embellishments, of which I have one or two!

The theme this week is rub-ons so I had a rummage through my rub-on box and came up with some very old Fancy Pants rub-ons. I then went searching for the paper I had that matched, of which I found two sheets, but I guess that is all that is needed.

There are five rub-ons on my card. Can you spot where?


I used the sketch over at Lili of the Valley this week.

Papers: Fancy Pants ~ Aged Florals. I just love the gorgeous colours of these.

My first rub-on is the big orange one in the centre behind the image.


I rubbed it onto a piece of plain white card, then distressed and inked the edges. The rub-on is from the Fancy Pants ~ Chalked collection and just the perfect colour for this.

Image: Lili of the Valley ~ Little Girl's Swing Time, coloured with copics. I swapped some string for the ropes in the stamp.

The remaining four run-ons are from the Fancy Pants ~ Aged Florals collection. I rubbed two distressed looking flower rub-ons onto the two buttons holding up the swing.

The pink roses in the top left panel which you can just see in the photo above (top left) is another rub-on.

Finally, the fifth rub-on is the sentiment.

I used a Tim Holtz metal corner, rubbing in some red paint and wiping off the excess.

Thank you for looking.

Keeley

13 comments:

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love the real vintage feel and the buttons are just gorgeous!! Hugs Juls

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Keeley, may I just say that you completely and totally rocked this rub-on challenge! This card is precious and I so love that your rub-ons blend in so well that you had to tell us where they are! Such a wonderful job! Thanks so much for being the guest designer this week over at the Belli Challenge!

Thebug415 said...

Great card! Love how you used all the rub ons! Thanks for being the guest designer at the Creative Belli Challenge!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Keeley,i love your image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Holly said...

You had me stumped on #5! LOL I had no idea that the big orange-y glow was a rub-on! What a gorgeous card and an excellent showcase for a rub-on challenge. Thank you SO much for being our Guest Designer for the Belli Challenge. :-)

Maria Matter said...

oh WOW, this is gorgeous Keeley!!!
I love how you blended in the rub-ons, adds wonderful detail!!
Thank you so much for Guest Designing @ Creative Belli!
hugs & blessings!

Daisychain said...

What a gorgeous card, a great take on our sketch this week. Thanks for playing along at LOTV this time. Good luck! Hugs Christine x

Liz Williams said...

What beautiful stitching on this adorable card. Thanks for joining in the fun at Belli Challenge.

Dena said...

Oh My! I love the shabby chic look of your card! Beautiful stitching too!
Thanks for joining our sketch challenge at LOTV.
Hugs, Dena

Chelsea said...

Congrats on the Guest Designer Keeley!
Your work is beautiful with wonderful coloring.
Wishing you a lovely weekend.
Luv,
Chelsea

michele said...

Congrats on your GDT post!! this is stunning! Love your distressing and fabulous rub-ons must take a look at what I have! hugs xx

craftyb said...

oh this beautiful! LOVE the image and you've coloured it perfectly!! It's sooooo creative how you made the swing....the stitching all looks fantastic...simply fab! bx

Kathy said...

Keeley I just LOVE this card!!!!! The colors and papers are so pretty and this image is so stinkin' cute!!! Your details are fabulous and of course your coloring is brilliant! All those bits together make one gorgeous card!!! I truly love this!!!!!
:)Kathy