Saturday 19 February 2011

beauty ... is not in the face

Hello all,

Today I have another box to show you. Well I have to make the most of my Sizzix Matchbox Die, they're not cheap! Just to warn those of you who expressed an interest in this die in my last post, it is one of those 12" x 12" dies so you need a machine big enough to cater for that. I use my Sizzix Big Shot Pro which I love and probably use one way or another every time I sit down to craft, which is most evenings. So again, although another pricey machine, the amount of times it gets used, makes it a worthy investment.


Back to the die, the matchbox drawer and the surround lie side by side on the die each fitting within a 6" x 12" format. So basically you use one sheet of  12" x 12" paper for each matchbox. Also, if you use it with the Crease Rule pad on top and not the cutting pad, then it will not only cut out the die, but it will crease it where you need to fold it too!!! So cool.

I have made three boxes using kraft paper, which I then decorated.

For the top, back and front drawers, I have used My minds Eye ~ Life Stories papers - the pink set, which I've spritzed with glimmer mist and embossed with silver embossing powder.

The picture of the Girl with a Pearl Earring is by Graphic 45 and the 'Beauty' quote, together with the side panels are from Webster's Pages papers.


I've used wooden beads for the feet.


I have decorated the inside of each drawer like so ...

Top drawer ... with flower and button


Middle drawer ... with lace & buttons


Bottom drawer ... with lace doiley and pearl brad


Sorry I should have warned you that this was photo heavy .... but I guess you know now.

Back over the weekend with my belated (as usual) Crafts 4 Eternity post. I guess you might get there before me.

I am entering this in at the following challenges:

'anything but a card': A Spoon Full of Sugar and C.R.A.F.T. Challenge
'O is for Old-fashioned': ABC Challenge
'scrap a saying': Anonyme Scrappere

Thank you for looking.

keeley

11 comments:

Unknown said...

oooh...this is stunning! Love it!! So beautiful, inside and out!! Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge this week!
/Sari

Unknown said...

Beautiful Keeley love all the shimmer and your quotes are fab, a very good film I love Colin Firth.
Have a great weekend
Chris x

carol said...

super creation, looks beautiful,thanks for sharing your creation with us at C.R.A.F.T. X CAROL

Faye said...

So now you're gonna taunt me with boxes too!! Stunning and I love the sentiment. xxx

Unknown said...

OMGOSH I'm blown away by this!! I really love how you have added extra details inside the drawers!! I love the girl with the pearl earring and the sparkly shiney bits are so gorgeous:-) I love it, thanks so much for playing along this week at PaperPlay:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxxx

Cecelia said...

This is absolutley beautiful! All the detail is stunning! Love it! Thank you for joining us this week over at ABC Challenge;0)

Hugs x
Cecelia B

Riet said...

Ohhh wowwwwww Keeley,this is so WONDERFUL,I love the image and the papers.
So gorgeous details and the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

Wow, stunning work, I love this so much!! Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week!

Irene said...

ohh Holy smokes this is stunning!! I just can't stop looking at all the details!! Wonderful work... Hugs Irene

Juls said...

wow wow wow!!!!! Love the soft vintage look, the image is gorgeous, Loving all the fab inky techniques you have used!!!! beautiful, such a fabulous vintage feel to it!! Hugs Juls

michele said...

WOW!! Keeley this is stunning!! absolutely beautiful! hugs xxxx