Friday 8 March 2013

style.



Hello and a Happy Friday to you all. This week at Crafts 4 Eternity, our challenge is a mother theme.

Now whenever I think of my Mother, I think of her as stylish. She always was. And still is. 

Soooooo ... I have also just discovered and ADORE the mixed media world. I think I have dabbled before, but not really realised it. I have soooo many art types that I like and just go with the flow as the flow goes. Don't worry, I have some cutesy Magnolias planned and coming up for those that prefer these posts. How I love being crafty, is that you can do just about anything you like. Some people like to stick to just one thing, and I do that too at times, but then I like to get daring and test the waters. Push my boundaries. 

OK, so here is what I came up with, on my first mission. This was made a week ago, I have learned sooo much more since then. That even now, I would think I would do it differently.


First of all, I layered Glitz paper layers to my manila cardstock. Then I used Tim Holtz ~ Distress Stain: Picket Fence to the whole thing. Then I added bits of various stamps and tissue paper.

For my image, I use the Dylusions: Couture Collection ~ Walk in the Park stamps.

 
I used manila cardstock, which I inked with a Prima stamp and then sprayed with Dylusion
ink. Then I cut apart and layered as appropriate!

My other half even liked this! 

For the lettering, I used Tim Holtz grungeboard letters that I've had for ever and not used. I sprayed them with Dylusions sprays, then covered them with glossy accents.

Thank you for looking.

keeley

4 comments:

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is very swish Keeley.

Have a good weekend.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Evie said...

Stunning work! Love your papers and design.

Hugs,
Evie

Faye said...

You have to do more mixd media please! Fab-u-lousy stylish tag. Love it. X

michele said...

Fabulous Keeley loveing all the detail & layers it looks like you are having fun with this style & it suits you. Have a great week hugs x