Thursday 16 October 2008

A Spoon Full of Sugar ~ Challenge # 21 Lim's Sketch

This is the first time entering a sketch challenge from A Spoon Full of Sugar and I must say Lim's Sketch # 21 is really fun to do and very versatile.
I can see that I will be using this sketch often, so thank you Lim, for the sketch!

Here is my take:

This card started life with the cute little Tilda with Slate stamp from Magnolia. This is only my second time of using Magnolia stamps and I must say I am already hooked! This is also the second time I have coloured using my brand new copics! From the awesome colouring I see on blogs out there, I can see I have a lot to learn, but we've all got to start somewhere right?

I chose the colours for Tilda by trying to match my copics with the colours on the cardstock I wanted to use.

I used a pearlescent blue card blank. The spotty background paper is Sassafraslass - Life is Beautiful - Pocket Full of Posies: Hooty. I cut out the shaped corners from Sassafraslass - Life is Beautiful - My dearest: Sweet Darling. The 'Good Luck' motif was printed onto a scrap of blue cardstock. I then went over it with my Versamarker Watermark Pen, sprinkled it with clear embossing powder and heated it up. I inked the edges with ColorBox Fluid Chalk - Turquoise.

The ribbon is from K&Co - Happy Trails and is held in place with brads from Basic Grey - Two Scoops collection. The pink and blue buttons are from Basic Grey - Euphoria and the orange button from Doodlebug.

I cut the circles from a scrap of blue cardstock and a scrap of Sassafraslass cardstock using the George & basic shapes cartridge from my Cricut machine.

I used the following Copic markers to colour in Tilda:

R20, E00,E41, E51, N9, R08, BG18, BG10, E02, E37, E29

Lots of layering with sticky foam pads to add dimension.



Thanks for looking.

kat

having a {me} day

4 comments:

deb said...

Oh she is soooo cute! I think you did a great job!! I love the paper, and the layout!! Very nice! Love the Tilda!! She is soooo cute!
hugz

Rach said...

what a lovely card, great colours. hugs rachxx

Vitahus said...

those papers are fabulous and such a cute image for your card, all together beautiful. hugs,conni

flatis stempelwelt said...

what a lovely card, great colors
Hugs, Sonja xx