Thursday 21 May 2009

thinking of you

My card today is for three challenges:

The sketch I used is from this week's challenge at Sketch and Stash, which I spun around 90 degrees. The papers and stamp that I used are all new and have never been used before.

I am also entering this into the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge and the Dutch Dare Card Challenge, where the challenge in each case is 'glitter'. I have used glitter brads and stickles.

Here is my card and if it looks a little wonky, it is! I hadn't finished sticking it all down properly but wanted to photograph it in the five minutes of available light I had left.

The base card is Bazzill Swiss Dot and patterned papers are from the Sassafraslass ~ Vintage Yummy collection.

I used Daintily and Blossomed to create a double layered distressed heart which I edged with Stickles.
The image is a Gorjuss Girl and I coloured her with my copics and added some more stickles to the wings.
The heart is sitting on a piece of Darling Dear which I matted and stitched with my sewing machine. I also stitched on a strip of shaped border from the papers.
The ribbon trim is from my stash and is held in place at each end, with glitter brads.
Below is a close up of the sentiment and you can also see some of the sparkle on the card. I made the 'you' from chipboard letters which I embossed with Tim Holtz ~ Distress Embossing Powder and then added some stickles.
Thank you for looking.

kat - keeley

having a {me} day

5 comments:

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

LOVE THIS CARD!!! Everything about it is wonderful!!!
I know it was meant for me! And i'm thinking of you too!!!
FABULOUS JOB!! Colors are awesome and your coloring ROCKS!
hugz
deb

Karin said...

Beautifull card.
Love the great coloured papers, sweet image and the way you made this heart is fabulous.
And, yes there's bling-bling/glitter on your card.
Thanks for joining the DDCC this week.

xoxo karin

Sandra said...

Great job! I'm impressed. Love the details.

Sandra

Anne said...

Loe the layered, distressed hearts and all the detail - great card!

Becky said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the textured and torn heart, so creative!!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx