Monday 2 August 2010

in the navy ... wedding


I was asked to make a wedding scrapbook in navy and ivory, easy enough I thought, until I went looking for navy paper that would be suitable for a wedding. After rummaging through my boxes of paper and searching endlessly on-line, I finally had an idea which resulted in this album.

For the base of the album I've used that gorgeously yummy white satin cardstock from the Bazzill ~ Wedding Collection. This one is imprinted with lots of tiny butterflies and I chose this as butterflies were part of the theme of the wedding.

For the navy circles I found ONE sheet of Little Yellow Bicycle paper, in my stash which was navy blue on one side ... hoorar! So I cut out lots of tiny circles with my Fiskars ~ Antique Elegance border punch and spritzed them with Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Mist, which is my current favourite mist!


The 'A' & 'K' are the couple's initials and I used American craft ~ Thickers for these. They have a nice glittery sparkly effect in real life.

The image, of course is Lily of the Valley ~ Wedding Couple which I think has to be my favourite wedding image at the moment. I coloured it with copics and added lots of stickles.


I've added Tim Holtz film strip and metal corner, which I rubbed with some paint. Added some sheer blue ribbon which I twisted and threaded through some lace.

I used one packet of Prima pearl and crystal swirls which I cut to pieces and dotted them around. I even had a few crystals left over, so they go a long way.

The 'Our Wedding' title is a Teresa Collins stamp and is actually a darker blue that it looks here, as the light got caught by the shimmery paper it was stamped onto.


11 June 11 is the date that the couple are getting married. I made this bit out of a PaperArtsy ~ Postmark Filmstrip die. I cut it once in blue and once in butterfly white and then just stuck them together. Oh, you can see that the blue has been glimmer misted.

The navy blue fabric flowers, which I just happened to have in my stash ... phew! ... are by Bo Bunny and yes, I glimmer misted these too and added a pearl brad to the centre of each.

Uhmm I think that's it!

Here's another view.


Before I forget, I want to enter this into the following challenges:

'Bring on the Bling': Sir Stampalot.

'Celebrations': Challenge Up Your Life.

'Wedding': Just Us Girls.

'Feature text': Cute Card Thursday.


Please click on any photo to see it better close up, it's quite difficult to take pics when it is so large, so I have to take lots of little ones.

Thank you for looking.

Keeley


16 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Keeley
This is stunning and my fav wedding couple too, the dark blue and white is just gorgeous together, everything on it just ties well together, love it and so will the couple.
Christine x

Kim x said...

A stunning scrapbook Keeley, i'm sure it will be treasured. I love all of the gorgeous detailing you have put onto it.
Kim x

Julie said...

Gorgeous card. I love all the elements.

Thank you for joining us at CCT.

Julie

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh this is GORGEOUS!

PinksyDoodles said...

This is stunning! The colour scheme is very striking and I love all the bling!
Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x

Juls said...

OH MY GOODNESS.......WOW!!!!!! This is just stunning...so strking awith the white and navy combo...and the sparkle is amazing....love the mix of textures and the sheer elegance!!! fantastic! Hugs Juls

chris said...

Oh my goodness me this is so perfect cant believe how much work there is involved, its beautiful. thanks for joining us in the sir stampalot challenge.

pinky said...

Keeley its absolutely gorgeous, who would have thought of those colours and yet they are gorgeous on the finished product. Loving all the bling and the perfect image.Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot.
Pinky

Francesca said...

your Creation is beautiful,Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Hugs
Francesca

Lisa Kind said...

Wow! What a beautiful wedding album! And how lucky for you to have all these items on hand! I would have been running to the store! LOL! I love the TH accents you added and all the other great accents! Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls!

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Keeley,This is so beautiful,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Annie said...

what a gorgeous wedding album and I love the navy and white colour scheme! thanks for joining us at CCT this week.
hugs, annie x

Andrea M said...

This is stunning! Lovely colors. The little touches of shimmer are so pretty. Wonderful work :) Thanks so much for playing along with the wedding wild card challenge at Just Us Girls!

Tracy said...

I love your choice of image and the design and finishing touches, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Chelsea said...

Wow! so many wonderful products on this beautiful card. Amazing and lovely album.
Luv,
Chelsea

michele said...

simply stunning Keeley! :) hugs xx