Sunday 3 April 2011

butterfly garden


I ran short of time making my Mother's Day card this year, so decided to do something a little different, instead of colouring up an image.

I'd just bought these gorgeous papers Pink Paislee ~ Butterfly Garden. I used the 6 x 6 version of the papers on this. They are so pretty!


I used a Tim Holtz ~Kraft Glassine Pocket on the front. I added a strip of patterned paper and stamped the flower image from the Pink Paislee ~ Butterfly Garden stamp collection using distress ink.

I added a Prima butterfly - I inked up the edges and added some stickles. Then I folded the flap of the pocket back on itself, spritzed it with glimmer mist and secured it with a brad.

I made a tag with some little handsewn buttons and added some lace.

 
I am going to pop this into the following challenges:

'flower palette inspiration photo': The Shabby Tearoom.
'Mum's the word': My Time To Craft.
'buttons, bling & bloom': Stamptacular Sunday Challenge.

Thank you for looking.
keeley

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Keeley this is stunning lovely soft colours, love these papers and beautiful butterfly.
Chris x

Janet said...

pretty card! thanks for joining the corrosive challenge:)
hugs

Debbie said...

Ooohhh ... this is so very pretty! Gorgeous glittered butterfly! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

Mrs A. said...

A really lovely idea and makes a great change from a normal card. Love the papers and colours that you have used.

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous card!! LOve the papers and butterflies!Thanks for sharing your lovely creation this week at the Shabby Tea Room!

Juls said...

this project has a beautiful soft elegance to it! Its Just gorgeous!!!! I love the fabulous touches of glimmer and sparkle!! Hugs Juls

Createology said...

This is stunning and I love the butterflies! Happy week to you...

Kerry Steger said...

Beautiful card - that butterfly is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with Colour Create this week!

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Keeley,I love the papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Céline said...

amazing card, really elegant, perfect for a mother
thanks for playing with us at paperplay challenge this week
hugs
céline PPC DT

Sister Shirley said...

This is really sweet, I especially adore the tag with the handsewn buttons.

Faye said...

Oh, oh, ooooooooooooooooooooooh! Beautiful doesn''t do justice...
xxx

Bea said...

WOW!!! Your card is amazing :o)

Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter this week

Bea

CraftyC said...

This is jut gorgeous Keeley a beautiful card for mum!
Clairex

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Gorgeous!

Thanks for joining our "Butterfly" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

lesleyworth said...

beautiful and elegant! thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

michele said...

Beautiful Keeley! hugs xx

Chelsea said...

So elegant and beautiful! Love the lace and sewing.
love,
Chelsea

Sandy Ang said...

It's lovely. The pocket idea is great

Jacqueline said...

This is so very pretty!!