Friday 20 December 2013

golden gift boxes


Good morning! Not many sleeps now until Santa arrives :) Normally, I am a Bah Humbug, but I am feeling very festive this year!

Today at Crafts 4 Eternity we have an anything goes challenge.

I had some little pressies which I wanted to package up nicely. Apologies for the photos, they were taken very quickly on a gloomy morning before giving away.


I used the Sizzix Milk Carton die to create the box.

I decorated them with Teresa Collins ~ Noel papers, having inked the edges with walnut ink distress ink and added distress glitter clear rock candy.


I added a trim of gold beads around the bottom edge. 

On two sides of each box, I die cut a Magnolia tree and a Sizzix star. Distressed each with walnut ink distress ink, gold embossing powder and distress glitter.


I finished the top front of each box with a gold embellishment from last years Christmas crackers and used the sheer ribbon trim from those crackers to close off the boxes.

Well having now given these away, I can now comment that the boxes were discarded, whilst the contents were treasured. Kind of teaches me, not to bother next time :)

4 comments:

Juls said...

This is just stunning!!! Hugs Juls

Words and Pictures said...

What stunning little gift boxes - I simply can't believe anyone would throw them away... no presents for them next year!!
Alison xx

michele said...

Beautiful boxes Keeley, such a shame they were discarded :( they are so pretty hugs x

Bananastamper said...

Ooh, these are gorgeous! LOVE them!