Wednesday 29 January 2014

my favourite creations from 2013

Hello. I used to do this when I first started blogging, doing a year in review of my favourite posts from that year. But one year I stopped and I never did it again. Although each year end, I do think about it. I'm a bit of a don't look back person, but always look forward, what happened, happened, let's not dwell on it, just look to the future. 

Anyway, maybe I had a bad year, the year that I decided to stop. So now, I think I will have my 2013 year in review. I am writing this before I have selected my pieces, so even I am intrigued as to what I will come up with! Hold tight! Also I like to select one piece from each month, so this is what I will do.

January:

I think January belonged to Isabella. Difficult to colour, but I love the softness and vintageness of the entire piece and the diecut detail. Check her out: HERE.


February:

This was a commission for a 50th birthday album and had to feature cats. I had soooo much fun with this. Check it out HERE.

March:

This was difficult, as I made a few pieces I liked this month. But I chose this one as it was the first time EVER that I had done a white on white theme. Loved how it turned out, but still haven't done one since! This was a journal, which you can check out HERE.


April:

This was no contest. A sweet 6th birthday card, made for a dear sweet girl I know. Check it out HERE.


May:

Dreams are renewable. I remember wanting to create lots of layers and this is my favourite La Blanche stamp. Used several times now. Check it out HERE.


June:

Where flowers bloom. I don't know. Bright, sunny colours do it for me everytime! Check out the dimension HERE.


July:

Well it seems I lost my mojo for a while, as I had only one posting in July. Fortunately it is one I like and I think worthy of a mention here. I made a box for holding recipe cards. Still love it!


August:

Frantaged to the hilt, but I love THIS.


September:

OK. This was the time I really got into Sizzix dies. Made this cute wallhanging, with a little notepad tucked inside. Check it out HERE:


October:

Hmmm, once again a difficult choice. However, I went with my Sizzix love at the time and the birdhouse I made. I love birdhouses, real or imagined.


November:

November was my most prolific month of the year! I made a few things that I like, but this mixed media collage is my absolute favourite and I'm not sure that I could ever bear to be parted from it. For those who don't follow me regularly, mixed media was a medium that I started to dabble in, in 2013 and this was a piece that I created which I still love. Check it out HERE.


December:

Well I end the year with another mixed media piece, which I love. Expect to see MORE in 2014. I am still learning and still loving it, so who knows where it will go. Check this piece out HERE.


Thank you for looking.

I am entering this in at Catered crop 2013 Recipe Swap.

Keeley

1 comment:

michele said...

Wonderful to see your favourite pieces from last year. So many Gorgeous projects! hugs x