Friday 5 September 2014

she wore her heart on her sleeve


Good morning! Today is Friday and so another challenge at Crafts 4 Eternity is digital, so just add your digis to your project.

Well, you may know I am not very good with the digis, but I could still play along as I added some digital words. I printed my she art phrase out on my printer, so that counts as digital ...huh?

So, I have created a mixed media she art canvas.


I have used a Winsor & Newton artist canvas board as my base. Love these as they are sooooo solid! Then I've added papers, stamps, inks, sprays, rub-ons, texture paste etc to add depth.

My bird is actually a Tim Holtz stamp which I coloured with Faber-Castell Gelatos and then added some extra definition with my pen.


For my clouds, can you see the backing piece? I used an insert from a My Mind's Eye: Lost & Found set of pearls which I had used up. I die cut the Magnolia Cloud die from a piece of scrap and the used the off cut to add extra dimension and then outline the clouds. I just knew I had to fit that cute bumble bee rub-on on there.


I used rub-ons and my Faber-Castell Pitt Pens to create the flower. I added dimension with a layered paper flower.


All across the bottom of my canvas, I have used pink rose rub-ons. Just by chance I came across them in my stash and they worked really well for the colours I had used for my girl.


Onto my girl. Loving her BIG hair! I drew her and coloured her with gelatos and Pitt pens, then added some rub-ons.


More texture.


Have you spotted the hearts on her sleeves?

I am entering this into the following challenges:
Thank you for looking.

Keeley

16 comments:

Shirley said...

Just hopped over from Amanda's blog to have a look at your wonderful art page. Just fabulous.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

Unknown said...

Fantastic Keeley would luv to do one of these, very arty luv it.
Chris x

~*~Patty S said...

Hello from AJJ.
I really relate to your words.
Your work is lovely in every detail!

Valerie-Jael said...

I love what you have made, very expressive and a great sentiment. Thanks for joining us at AJJ, Valerie

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fantastic! I love it! So many details!
Cheers
Gabriele

Margik said...

I really love all details of your beautiful canvas. Brilliant!!!
Mar

Donna B. said...

Very pretty canvas! I love all the details and how you used our bright colors! Thanks for playing at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

froebelsternchen said...

What a fab she ART you share with us at Art Journal Journey! Thanks a lot for joining in! BEAUTIFUL♥♥♥
Susi

Sandra said...

Gorgeous she art canvas board! She looks amazing and I love the hearts on her sleeves! Such a nice touch. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Pia S said...

I love your style, so very different from mine. The amount of detailing and different textures and colors make this a really interesting and decorative piece!

Lynn K said...

Love your mixed media she art canvas! All the details are great and I love the colors you chose! Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Color Challenge!

crafty creations said...

Stunning artwork - have had a look around your blog your work is amazing and a great inspiration

Hilda x

Juls said...

Wow this is just amazing :-) xx

Rachel said...

i just loooove this canvas. she is beautiful! all the details are so great. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Lalo said...

All over lovely!!! So much texture and pretty art!

Lynn said...

Great use of the digi words! I love She Art :) I love the different textures and layers you used. Thanks for playing along in the Mixed Media Challenge!