Sunday, 10 May 2009

d is for dad

This is a card for my Dad's birthday and I am entering this into three challenges.

I used this week's sketch over at Sketch Saturday and turned it on it's side.
I used a Magnolia stamp and added some machine stitching to meet the requirements of this week's Just Magnolia challenge.

Finally, as it is a birthday card it meets the theme of birthdays over at Ink on My Fingers.


Here is my card.
All papers are from the Basic Grey ~ Ambrosia collection, which I have machine stitched on with a zigzag stitch.

The image is of course Edwin from the Magnolia Collection.
Now, here is the story behind how I matted him. When colouring him up I thought he was holding a pint of beer, but now I wonder! Can anyone enlighten me?
So, for some reason, I decided that Edwin would be on the cover of (what is supposed to be) an old, stained, well thumbed book which I made out of the BG papers. I have no idea why I decided to do this! There are no real stains, I just used ink :-)
Ribbons, flowers and brads are all from my stash.
'D is for Dad' is a BG rub-on and the 'made with love' eyelet is by WRMK.
I created a 'happy birthday' sentiment from a BG rub-on but it was too large to fit on the cover, so I have saved that for inside the card.
Thank you for looking and any comments you might leave.
kat - keeley
having a {me} day

8 comments:

Michele said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image and the beautiful colouring. Hugs Michele x

Rach said...

oh my word!!! i love this card, it is fabulous, great papers details and colouration of your image..
thank you so much for joining us at just magnolia.x

Kim Piggott said...

Wow! Fabulous card and your detail and beautiful colours are wonderful!
Thank you so much for joining us at Just Magnolia!
hugs
kim x

Alexandra said...

hi,
it´s a very pretty card,
i love the colouring and the image!

hugs
alexandra

ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

WOWZER GIRLFRIEND, this is AMAZING!!! I love your layout, your inking, your coloring!! He will LOVE this! I love this!
I think he is holding Ale! LOL, Might be same as beer! I just know its not a margarita!
WONDERFUL CARD!!!!
hugz
deb

very_inky_fingers said...

This is a GREAT card! Your dad is going to love it!

Bev said...

What a brilliant card! Love your choice of papers and colours. Thanks so much for joining us this week. x

Hels said...

Totally adore this card, tis fabberoony...thanks for joining in and sorry I am late in visiting...had the lurgy so had to wait til the germs had gone!! Thanks again...Hels x