Saturday 30 May 2009

have fun ... chasing butterflies

My entry today fits in to FIVE challenges.

I used the fabulous sketch from this week's challenge at Stamp With Fun.
The Sunday Stampers challenge at Ink on My Fingers is 'wings' and I have butterfly wings.
My butterflies also fit in with the challenge at Created By Hand Challenge where the theme is 'insects' and at Just Magnolia where the theme is 'animals and insects'.
Finally, I am also entering this into the One Stop Craft Challenge where the theme is 'Let's Hear It For The Boys'. I think Edwin fits nicely into this.
Due to the fact that it's a nice bright sunny day, I've had a lot of trouble photographing this, but here goes.
This card has ended up being absolutely nothing like I intended it to be and I'm really not sure about it. However as I've done a few things different on here (for me at least) I thought I would share.
All papers used are from the Basic Grey ~ Scarlet's Letter collection. I've ended up giving it a distressed look, although I originally intended a smooth and clean look (honest!).
Here is a close up of the flower.
I started off with a black paper flower and layered that with a green fabric flower which I decorated with stickles. I then glued some red sequins to the middle, added some green seed beads and finished with a sprinkling of green glitter.
The butterflies are rub ons from Maya Road. I applied these to coloured paper, added some stickles, bent them into shaped and popped them onto foam dots to lift them from the paper.
The Magnolia image is Edwin Chasing Butterflies and I coloured him with my copics.

The 'Have Fun' sentiment is cut from a piece of ribbon and I've attached it with red glittery brads.
I've also put green glittery brads to the corners of the card.

Thank you for looking.
kat - keeley
having a {me} day

12 comments:

Yogi said...

very nice. So cute and I really like the layout

Shelley said...

Gorgeous card for the boys, perfect for this weeks One Stop Craft Challenge. Thanks for joining in.
Shelley xx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Kat, such beautiful colouring and i love the butterflies and beautiful papers. Hugs Nikki x

BettyBoop67 said...

GORGEOUS CARD :) SUE XX

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

WOW this is AWESOME!! I love everything! Edwin is sooo cute, coloring is WOW! Love the paper! Love the distressing!
GREAT CARD!
hugz
deb

Faye said...

Kat, I love the distressed look and the wonderful coloring with the coptics. This is a fabulous card.

Mona said...

Hi,
so wonderful your card. I love that image.
Thanks for joining us this week
Hugs Mona
swf-team

Saskia said...

Beautiful card, full of lovely details!!

Greetings,
Saskia :)

Donna said...

Gorgeous card! I love your colours and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in the one stop craft challenge. Donna x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love Edwin and those fab butterflies.
luv
Debby

Andrea said...

perfect boy-card

Bev said...

What a fabulous card, such gorgeous papers and colours! Thanks so much for joining us this week x