Sunday, 26 July 2009

golden mother of the bride

I was asked to create a card for the Mother of the Bride. It had to have a theme of cream and gold, be quite plain and feature a girl with a pink dress.

I am entering this into TWO challenges.

I used this week's sketch at Cutie Sunday.

At Dutch Dare the challenge is to use 'cutting dies and/or punches'.

For the base card I used Chatter Box ~ artsy.licious: fine engraved paper in alabaster and I inked the edges with gold ink.

Here is the card:

I generated the 'Mother of the Bride' sentiment on my computer, punched it out with a Woodware scallop punch and embossed the edges in gold. I wanted a gold flower but didn't have any, so I took some plain cream flowers, embossed them with gold and layered them up before adding a pearl brad to the centre.


The image is Magnolia ~ Loving Tilda and I coloured her with my copics.

The marriage paper is Stemma ~ Gold Wedding Vows. I embossed the edges of the layers with gold.
I've layered some sheer gold and cream ribbon behind the image.

Thank you for looking.

Kat - keeley


having a {me} day

8 comments:

Viipula said...

Oh, so lovely card and the idea in it!

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Kat,what a beautiful card,i love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

doris said...

What a beautiful card... Wow!!

Hugs
Doris xx

Erin said...

Wow stunning card! Beautiful colouring.
Erin x

Juls said...

what a lovely idea for a card! love how you have done this!

me-bear said...

Beautiful card.
Thanks for joining DDCC this week.
xx Monica

LOUISE said...

Beautiful card Kat, Tilda has been coloured in beautifully. Love the colours. Louise x

Arwen said...

Wow it's great. I love the image and the colors :)

Thanks for joining Cutie Sunday this week.

xoxo Arwen