Sunday 16 November 2008

Candy Cane Mistletoe Tilda

I coloured up Tilda wearing Christmas wreath with my Copic markers a couple of weeks ago, but put her to one side as I didn't like the way I had coloured her dress and also wasn't sure about those rosy cheeks! Today I came across her again and decided to put her into a Christmas card. Seeing as I have only made one card so far, I'm getting kind of desperate, so can't be too fussed!

Looking round on the net for a sketch to follow, I found this one on
Papertake Weekly Challenge ~ Dawny's Sketch # 2.

This is what she ended up looking like:
I used a white card blank to start and layered it up with red and white Bazzill cardstock from my scraps. All white cardstock, including the base card was inked with Magenta ColorBox Pigment Brush Pad.

The red candy paper is Heidi Grace ~ Jolly & Bright: Candy shimmer glitter paper.

I used a ribbon from the Doodlebug Boutique Trims: Christmas Assortment for Tilda to sit on. The corner flowers are cut from a ribbon from the same pack of trims.

The Merry Christmas sentiment was from the Hero Arts ~ Owl Christmas set which I stamped and embossed.

1 comment:

Danni said...

So cute!! Love how the paper shimmers and what fun ribbon for her to sit on!