Tuesday 4 November 2008

High Hopes Challenge #6

The challenge over at High Hopes Stamps site this week is to create a holiday card using non-traditional colours. Unfortunately I do not have any HH stamps yet, but could not resist the challenge.

Here is my card in turquoise and white:

The base card is made from a Bazzill ~ Places We Love cardstock. The patterned paper is Adornit ~ Winter Collection: Snowman Parade.

I made the jagged trim by stamping twice with a stamp from Paper Artsy ~ Swirls & Curls 4 onto Basic Grey ~ Cupcake: Frosting papers, using Archival Brilliance ~ Moonlight White pigment ink and then embossed them with clear embossing powder. I inked the edges of each with Colorbox Inks ~ Teal and held the two trims together with a brad.

The Merry Christmas motif was made by cutting a circle with my Cricut machine from a piece of clear vellum paper. The stamp used with the Colorbox teal ink was from Papermania ~ Let It Snow set.

The centrepiece is Magnolia ~ Rowdy Tilda which I coloured with my copics.

The button and bow were from pieces in my stash.

Thank you for looking!

Kat

having a {me} day

2 comments:

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Very pretty! Love the colours!

Crissy Armstrong said...

This is really sweet! I love the colors. Thanks for playing!