Monday 16 March 2009

magnolia mother's day


I needed a card for Mother's Day and as luck would have it, the theme this week at Magnolia Vs Stampavie is Mother's Day! This is very handy as I was planning to use a Magnolia stamp.

In the previous week at Magnolia Vs Stampavie, there had been a sketch challenge. Unfortunately, I hadn't had a chance to play, but as I liked the sketch so much, I decided to use it for my card this week.

So, here is the sketch.

This card also celebrates my first year in card making, as I made my very first card for Mother's Day last year. It was awful, although I thought it was great at the time! LOL!

Unfortunately the yellows in the cardstock haven't come through in the photos very well ~ it looks a lot better irl!!
All papers used are from the My Mind's Eye ~ Fresh collection. I cut the circles on my Cricut machine and all edges have been inked. The sentiment is computer generated.

The image is Magnolia ~ Tilda with bunch of flowers and I coloured her with my Copics.

The flowers are a mixture of Prima and Bazzill.


Thank you for looking.

kat

having a {me} day

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card. :)Your colouring on Tilda is just fab!

Thanks for your lovely comment.

Vanessa.

Anonymous said...

Kat this is just gorgeous! I love the papers, colours embellishments and the image (have I missed anything out?). Your Mum will love it.
Kim x

CraftyC said...

A lovely card and a great sketch!
Clairexx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous sweet card, love Tilda.

Karolina said...

This is great, do you sell them or the work is done strictly for your pleasure?

deb said...

Another WOW!! Gorgeous!! Love the colors in this one also! Love the circles. You did a wonderful job on this! AWESOME!
hugz
deb

Bev said...

So beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week x

Kellie said...

Oh wow what a gorgeous card, love it!
Kellie xx

Bradpetehoops said...

Awesome design!!!