Wednesday 8 April 2009

wish upon a star

My entry today is for two challenges:

<<< Sketch and Stash Challenge has provided this sketch. The sentiment and embellishments can go wherever you would like. Also to use your new, never used or neglected stash.

The image I've used is new but I've had it a while so it could also be called neglected!

The second challenge is from the Stampavie and More Challenge, where the challenge is 'red and white'. My white is a little off-white.


The plain card is bazzill. The patterned papers are October Afternoon ~ Nightlight: Jack.

The large star shapes were cut on my Cricut and the smaller star shapes were cut from grungeboard and painted with Tim Holtz ~ Crackle Paint and inked up.
I punched holes into two of the stars and stitched them on as buttons. The word 'WISH' was made using American Craft Thickers which were also crackle painted and inked.

The image I used is a Sugar Nellie stamp ~ Leanne Ellis: Catch a Falling Star.
I coloured her with my copics and gave her a little Prima flower with red brad centre. I also gave her a real star, made as above.

Thank you for looking.
Kat
having a {me} day

8 comments:

Bastelzauberin said...

A great card. I love the papers and
the image you have used.

LG
Silke

Valérie Goldenschue said...

Superbe carte, j'aime beaucoup l'image que tu as utilisée.

BA said...

hi kat
your card is so beautiful!!
xoxoxo BA

Becky said...

What a fabulous card, I love how you've used the sketch Kat. I love the stitched panels!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx

Sandra said...

Gorgeous card...love this image and a great take on our theme this week of red and white,thanks for joining us at Stampavie and More,
Take care
San x

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card - I love those papers and how you have coloured the image.
Thank you for joining in the Sketch and Stash this time.
Cathy xx

Nancy said...

wow, was für eine tolle karte!!

lg
nancy

Unknown said...

a great card... Iilove the papers and
the image you have used...

lg MOni