Saturday 13 February 2010

for the two of us

                 
This is the card that I have made for my Valentine and there is no shortage of challenges that I can enter this one into, so here goes:




'Include one or more flowers': Theme Thursday.

'Hearts & Flowers': Polka Doodles.

'Have a heart': Daring Card Makers.

'Multifold': Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge (in the ribbons).

'Love is in the air': Lots To Do.

This is one of the quickest cards that I ever made I think! It just fell out of my head and onto the paper.



Because of the black paper this card was quite difficult to photograph, so I will include some close ups here. Now I am wondering whether it is too girly.

Papers: Graphic 45 ~ Le Romantique: Sweetheart of Mine and Daydreams.

There is lots of gold embossing going on and it is quite sparkly, you might want to click on the photos for a closer look.

The crumpled up ribbon came out of my scrap box looking like that, so I left it. Added some old buttons which I partly embossed with gold and then added some stickles.

The flower has been spritzed with glimmer mist.


                                
The word 'Love' is a Prima stamp which I embossed with gold and the music is a Tim Holtz stamp also embossed with gold.

I hope he likes it!

Thank you for looking.

Keeley

having a {me} day ~ well I'm not I'm actually being taken out to lunch by my Valentine, so we're having an {us} day :-)

31 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi
Love the name of your blog, I just wonder how many of us will be saying "what's that".
Fantastic card just love everything about it.
Chris x

Annie said...

Oh my this is beautiful - I totally love the way you have used this image. Just gorgeous, thank you so much for sharing it with us at The Pink Elephant.
Ann xxx

Timcso said...

Wow, absolute stunning card! Wonderful the details!!Love the image and the ribbon with the buttons.!!Great idea!:)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge!

Hugs, Tímea

Pretty-In-Ink said...

It's gorgeous! he will love it!
Beautiful image and love your crumpled ribbon and gold buttons!
Have a lovely lunch with your valentine!
Hugs
Nicola

pinky said...

Such a romantic card, that is one gorgeous image and I love your flower. Thanks for sharing at By the cute and girly.
Pinky

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Lovely

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Yogi said...

very nice and I don't think it's too "girly" Thanks for playing over at Created By Hand

Riet said...

What a beauutiful card Keeley,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

sam21ski said...

Simply stunning, looks great on the darker background

Thanks for playing along with Lotstodo again this week Keeley - Sam xxxx

Zoechaos said...

Very vintage, very romantic, very lovely.

Beryl said...

How can he not love it. It's a gorgeous card.

Thank you for sharing it with us at By the Cute and Giurly.
Beryl xx

mommabear said...

What a fantastic card its sooo romantic i love the colours

Kris Dickinson said...

An absolute stunner!

Ellen said...

gorgeous , the image looks great on that black background and I love the shabbynes of that ribbon and the way you altered the button

it's just perfect.

Mel X said...

This is fabulous, really stunning! Love the image and the whole design. Love the ribbon folds - great take on the challenge!

Thanks for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter and good luck in the draw.

Mel X

Karen said...

Gorgeous card, love it.

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

A gorgeous card, so romantic and grownup, great design. Thanks for sharing your creation with "by the cute and girly". janex

Sandy said...

Oh wow stunning card.
Looks fantastic.

crafty creations said...

A stunning card and I'm sure he'll love it

Thanks for joining the Lotstodo Challenge again this week xx Hilda

Lynda said...

Gorgeous Card! Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers this week.

Lynda xxx

Helen said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

K said...

gorgeous card!

Trudi said...

Wow this is beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at TPE!

Charmaine Stack said...

This is so stunning. I was immediately attracted to the curly textured ribbon. I am glad you didn't straighten it out (something I am sure I would have done). It adds a lot of dimension and character.

Kerry said...

Your card is so pretty. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.

Juls said...

stunning!! what a gorgeous image, and I really love the vintage feel you have created! Thanks for joining us at BTC&G!

Fabiola said...

très élégante j'aime beaucoup

Nettie said...

Great attention to detail. Very vintage.x

Vicky said...

Simply stunning! Love it! :)x

katesacraftybugger said...

beautiful work, thanks for joining us at polkadoodles this week.
hugs Kate x

Ali Manning said...

This is so beautiful and romantic! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!