Monday 20 April 2009

aged 9

I needed a birthday card for my niece's 9th birthday and as I was using a Magnolia stamp, I thought I would try out the sketch at the new Magnolia challenge blog: Just Magnolia.

It says that you can combine this with as many challenges as you would like so I am also going to enter this into three other challenges:

Cute Card Thursday where the challenge is to use any type of flower.

Dutch Dare Card Challenge where the challenge is to use your favourite things. My favourite things at the moment are my new craft punches.

One Stop Craft Challenge where the challenge is to use decorative cuts.
This is probably the largest card I have ever made, measuring 6" x 12". It just kept growing! I will redo the photos, the lighting wasn't at its best.

I used papers from the Cosmo Cricket ~ Girl Friday collection: Thursday, Monday and Saturday.


I used two Magnolia stamps ~ Sweetheart and Birthday Present and I coloured them with my copics. I created a background for Tilda using Tim Holtz crackle paints and inks.
The number '9' was a chipboard diecut which I painted and then added some crackle accents.
I created the circles behind Tilda with my new Fiskars ~ Daisy border punch.
For the zig zags at the bottom of the card, I used my new Martha Stewart ~ Zigzag edge punch. This was from my friend Deb, she does spoil me ~ but THANK YOU!
Flowers and brads were from my stash and the sentiment is Penny Black.
Thank you for looking.
kat - keeley
having a {me} day

12 comments:

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

This is awesome!! She will LOVE this card! The bigger the card the better!! I love your colors and the layout ROCKS! Of course your coloring is always "spot on"!!
WONDERFUL WONDERFUL CARD!!!
Oh love what you did with the border punch!!
hugz
deb

cats whiskers said...

Thanks for joining us this week with such a lovely card
Hugs Jacqui x

Alex (Paper-and-More) said...

good morning,
your card is so sweet, i love the colour combo and the image!

hugs alexandra

Karin said...

wow. what a beautifull card.
I love the bright happy colours and lay-out of your card.
Those Martha punches are so great!! Have 1 myself and I use it whenever I can.
Thanks for joining the DDCC this week.

xoxo Karin

Deb said...

Beautiful card!
Many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge! Have a great day! Debx

Donna said...

beautiful card, your decorative cuts are fabulous and your colouring is gorgeous. Thanks for joining in the one stop craft challenge.Donna x

Tab said...

Wow fab card hun! Such a sweet Tilda and I love your take on the sketch!
Hugs Tab xxx

Anonymous said...

this is a fabulous card, lovely colouration and papers. thanks for joining us at just magnolia. Hugs rachxx

Naoual said...

Your card is beautiful! I love those Cosmo Cricket papers, just fab!!

Thank you for joining us at Just Magnolia this week,

xx Naoual

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Fabulous card. Your papers are superb and the image is so sweet. It's great to see a large card and you filled it so well. Thanks for joining the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Sharon xx

Bev said...

This is so gorgeous hun, love the beautiful papers and colours, wonderful detail too. Thanks for joining us on our first week x

Anonymous said...

hi....lovely card....what is the color of your crackla paint? Thanks.