Saturday 18 April 2009

celebrate ... christmas

Christmas! Yes, that's right. The challenge this week at Dottie's World as set by Karen, is 'a Christmas project with a Charmed download'. Here is my card:


I am also entering this into:
A Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge where the challenge is 'to use diecuts or punches' - I have used both.
The image I have used is Madison Goes to the Ball. Well it just so happens that this is a Christmas ball!
This card has a real glittery feel to it. The cardstock I used is S.E.I ~ Alpine Frost: dust of snow and if you zoom in on the picture you will be able to see the glittery snowflakes.
The collar of Madison's dress is dusted with glitter, as are her shoes and champagne. She even has a diamond (looking) choker! Madison is backed onto Doodlebug ~ Lily White sugar coated cardstock and the corners have been cut with a Fiskars corner punch.
The chipboard diecut 'Celebrate!' is by K&Co, I just raised it up on foam pads.
The flowers are by Prima and I added a glitter brad to the centre. The branches are made from the Doodlebug cardstock using my new Martha Stewart craft punch - a pressie from my friend Deb. Thank you very much!! I love my new punch!
Thank you for looking.
kat
having a {me} day

6 comments:

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

WOW!!! Gorgeous!! I love the colors, glitter and everything about this card! I love the die cut, just works perfect! Very beautiful!! Great coloring!
And your welcome! ;)
hugz
deb

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

What a gorgeous card! You did a beautiful job on it!

LOUISE said...

Lovely card kat, love the image, and your colours are great. Louise x

Kim x said...

Kat this is a gorgeous card! I love the Madison image she looks so glamourous. The S.E.I. CS is a beautiful backdrop for such an elegant lady.
Kim x

Karen Mortensen said...

Gorgeous card Kat! I love the rich lush colours, coupled with the glittery elements. Everything works together just beautifully. xx

Anonymous said...

Oh its just gorgeous and so very elegant!! Love it.

Vanessa.