Saturday 4 April 2009

bright and beautiful

The Sunday Challenge this week at Dottie's World has been set by Juliet:

'All Things Bright and Beautiful'.....evoking thoughts of Spring and Easter. The challenge is simply to make a project using 'bright and beautiful' colours and embellishments - of course featuring one of the downloads too.'
I am also entering this into the sketch challenge at Sketch Saturday where they have an absolutely brilliant sketch. Although my image is a little large so have had to twiddle the sketch slightly to fit all the elements in.

Here is my take:






For my card I used the image of Madison in China and I coloured her with my copics. It doesn't show up too well in the photo but I layered her trousers, tunic and left arm up on foam pads to add a bit of dimension to the card.

The stem of the parasol is a cocktail stick! All papers used are from the Cosmo Cricket ~ Hey Sugar range. The flowers are stamped images which I cut out and then layered with Hero Arts flowers. All ribbons are from my stash and the brads are by Papermania.
Thank you for looking.
kat
having a {me} day

6 comments:

Juliet said...

This is gorgeous Kat, love the colours you chose to go with this image - just perfect!
Juliet xx

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image and the colouring is fabulous.
Michele x

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

WOW!! This is gorgeous!! I love love love your colors!! Your DP is wonderful! Everything blends perfect and nothing is lost!!
What a great job!!!! Your coloring is awesome!
hugz
deb

COCO said...

wo fantastic card !!! I love your paper and colours and very fab 3D !!!!
thanks for joining us to S.S.
HUGS COCO

Louly said...

Ow wow wow wow! That was my first reaction when I saw this and I still say it when I see it now, I love everything about it, from the colours down to that fabulous cocktail stick.♥

Sanne said...

Really adorable! I love the colors you used!
Sanne :o)