Sunday 1 February 2009

garden journal

For the cover of a garden journal, I used the sketch from this week's challenge at Stamp with Stampavie.


Here is the sketch: I spun the sketch around and this is what I came up with:


The patterned papers are from the Prima ~ Steel Toe Mary Jane collection. I used Chintzy for the base card.
The stamped image is Sarah Kaye ~ Spring Blossoms. I was going to colour her up with my copics, but when I took the acetate backing off of the stamp it landed on the Chintzy paper, in such way that I decided I should paper piece her. Easier said, than done - it would have been quicker to colour her up!
I used Chintzy for her clothing and flowers. I made the hat from Miss Adventure and also the oval shadow. The ribbon on the hat is from We R Memory Keepers ~ Promenade. The scissors were cut from some silver paper.
I decided to leave the skin parts uncoloured. Finally, it came to the hair. I thought about leaving it untouched, colouring it or paper piecing. Then it came to me! The back parting would show up great with some satin stitching! So I trawled through my threads to find something suitable. I ended up using Weeks Dye Works ~ Schneckley.
The edges of the ovals were dabbed with Ranger Paint Dabber ~ Mountain Rose.
The lacey ribbon trim is from the Making Memories ~ Passport collection and is attached with Papermania pearl brads and a Basic Grey ~ Euphoria glazed brad.
The butterfly is a K&Co Glitter Rub On ~ Urban Rhapsody. I rubbed this onto a piece of scrap card and cut it out. The 'garden journal' wording is computer generated and then embossed.
Thank you for looking.
Kat
having a {me} day

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Hi,gorgeous creation....love this SK image and what you've done with her,brilliant job on her hair,great take on the sketch,thanks for joining us this week at SWS,
Take care
Sandra x

LOUISE said...

Great job Kat, love the paper piecing, and the ribbon on her hat. Louise x

flatis stempelwelt said...

A cute card. I love the Sarah Kay
Hugs Sonja xx

Unknown said...

wow.. what a nice card... so cute... love SK too..

deb said...

Love this and your coloring is awesome!! Love the little ribbon on her hat!!! Great touch!
hugz