Saturday 21 February 2009

you inspire me

I may be too late to enter this challenge, but no winner has been announced yet and I've slaved over this all evening (lol), so I am going to enter it anyway!

When I first saw this sketch over at One Stop Craft Challenge I thought it would be too fussy for the sort of work I am doing at the moment. Then this evening, when I was hunting around for a sketch, I came across it again and knew immediately, that it was perfect for what I now wanted to do! Isn't it funny how that happens. In fact, I thoroughly enjoyed putting it all together, so thank you Sharon for the sketch!!

Oh and by the way, I blog hop all the time and am inspired everywhere I go, so this card is for all of you ~ thank you for the inspiration.

As in my previous posting, once again all papers are from We R Memory Keepers ~ Hoopla range, as is the 'You inspire me' chipboard embellishment. I can't tell you exactly which papers from the range I used ~ if you saw the state of my craft room right now, I am sure you will understand!!


I layered each of the dp onto cream cardstock, having first distressed the edges of all layers. For the banding across the centre (and the ribbon in the chipboard tag), I used sheer gold ribbon from my stash and a Bazzill ~ Just the edge cardstock strip.
The image is Magnolia ~ Tilda with Pencils. This is an old Tilda but new for me. Isn't she darling?
I coloured her up with my copics.
All flowers are by Prima and brads are an assortment from my stash.
Thank you for looking, all comments are very much appreciated.
kat
having a {me} day.

4 comments:

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

OMG another fantastic creation! This is just awesome! I LOVE the colors, layout is wonderful and Tilda, tooo cute!
Great job!
hugz
deb

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card, the stamp you have used is adorable. Thanks for joining in with our One Stop Craft Challenge.
Shelley x

Louly said...

Kat that's stunning! Your colouring is spot on and the paper choice is perfect too!

Bev said...

Stunning card, the image is so sweet and the colours gorgeous