Friday 6 February 2009

puppy love


The sketch I have used comes from this week's challenge at A Spoon Full of Sugar.

I really had great fun putting this together, and the sketch fitted in perfectly with the look I was trying to achieve. I loved all of its many layers and it enabled me to create lots of dimension on my finished piece.

I managed to combine two different manufacturer's patterned papers and for one, three different lines! I only just noticed this as I was typing it all up.

I used Bazzill cardstock for the first two layers. The stripey paper is S.E.I. ~ Park Buddies: Puppy Tails and the checked paper is Dog Run from the same range.



I used Sassafraslass ~ Fawnd of You Too: Take A Chance for the background paper. All papers have had ink blended into the edges. The tree, together with the extra branch were cut from Sassafraslass ~ Woodland Whimsy: Say Timber. I stuck these onto chipboard and cut them out. I inked up the edges of the tree and to make it a bit more realistic looking and feeling like bark, I added some Tim Holtz ~ Distress Embossing Powder: Aged Mahogany randomly and distressed away! The clouds are cut from Sassafraslass ~ My Dearest: Fawnd of You added to chipboard and had some ink blended in.
The flowers are Prima and again I added some ink to these and the brads were from my stash.
The inks I used for blending and highlighting the edges were:
Ranger Adirondack: Butterscotch and Espresso; and Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Peeled Paint and Mustard Seed.
The image is Magnolia ~ Tilda with Puppy (cute!)and I coloured her with my Copics. I stuck her on with double sided foam pads and she is sitting on a strip of puppy ribbon from Love Elsie ~ Daisy.

Thank you for looking.
kat
having a {me} day

3 comments:

tracie said...

Fab card Kat, love those papers and little scene - oh how sweet does Tilda look - gorgoeus !!
Hugs
Tracie :)x

deb said...

OMG This is AWESOME! WOW!!
You do wonderful work!! Maybe you should try for CC&C???!!!! DT!!!! This is gorgeous! Love the colors and that Tilda is soooo cute!!
hugz

deb said...

WOW!! This is AWESOME Kat!! I love it! The colors are great, love that Tilda!!
hugz