Wednesday 25 February 2009

girly


Today I am entering into this week's challenge at Dotties World. The challenge is to find a photo of a card made previously and recreate the layout with different papers, embellishments and a Charmed image.

This is the card from the past, together with the sketch I used to create it:













At the time I spun the sketch on its side, and I have done the same with my new card. I have used pink Bazzill cardstock for my base. The girly paper is Love elsie ~ Claire: Girly. I have distressed the edges and zigzag stitched it on to the cardstock with my sewing machine, together with the mauve lace.
This is Holly ~ Pamper Time from the Holly and Madison Collection at Dottie's World. I coloured her up with my Copics. Oh and I managed to find a tiny little gem of the right colour to act as a buckle on her belt.
I also coloured the pearl beads at the foot of Holly with my copics to match the image.
Ribbons are from the same Love elsie ~ Claire range.
The buttons were from my stash and I sewed them on by hand.
By the way, if you enter this challenge you will be entitled to a free image from the new Holly & Madison collection at Dottie's World ~ so head on over!!
Thank you for looking.
kat
having a {me} day

7 comments:

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

OMG I LOVE THIS! I Love LOVE the image!! I love the colors! The buttons! The lace! IT IS GORGEOUS!!
Your coloring is perfect as usual!!
Great job on this! Well worth the work you put into it!
big hugz
deb

Adele said...

Oh Kat, stunning, I love the colours you have used and the ribbons and the lace...LOL!!

Beautiful!!

love Dingle.xx

Louly said...

Kat, yet again you have left me speechless! Everything about it is perfect. I love how you've coloured the beads to match the image. You are simply amazing girl!
Don't forget to email me so I can reply with your image.♥♥♥

Bev said...

Fabulous card - the image is gorgeous!

SweetPea said...

This is absolutely stunning! The colours, layout, papers, ribbons.... everything are BEAUTIFUL! Really love this card, well done, Helen x

Ruth (ooffee) said...

WOW - it's gorgeous, well done. My favourite (apart from the image) is the ribbon. Love the colours too!
Ruth x

Sammi said...

ooh... Awesome.. love the colours!!
xxx