Friday 20 February 2009

holly in the garden


The gals over at Dottie's World gave such a friendly response to me last week when I joined in with their challenge, that I couldn't help but come back again.

The theme this week is 'A stitch in time' where the challenge is to use real stitching ~ hand or machine. Well, my entry uses both!

Looking around for a sketch, I came across a brand new, for the very first time, challenge blog at Truly Scrumptious.



Here is the sketch.

I must say, FAB sketch, I thoroughly enjoyed doing this, even though it took me forever!!


The cardstock I used was all from the We R Memory Keepers ~ Hoopla range and I used Delight and Gala.
All plain cardstock is Bazzil.
The ribbons used are all from the same WRMK range as is the chipboard flower through which the ribbons are threaded.
I used the Gala paper to cut out circles and distressed the edges before layering and finishing with a button. All buttons are sewn on by hand.
The floral paper has been machine zig-zag stitched to the bazzil cardstock.

The buttons in the centre have been layered one on top of each other before stitching through to the ribbon it sits on.

The image is from Dottie's World and is Holly in the Garden. I coloured her up with my copics.

Thank you for looking and I appreciate any comments you may have.

kat

having a {me} day

15 comments:

Adele said...

Yes, it is scrumptious!!LOL I absolutely love it-thank you sew much (sorry) for joining in with us at Dottie's and getting those needles out! It was so worth while.

Beautiful work!

love Dingle.xx

RubyMay said...

this is stunning work...and so much thought and effort has gone into it. I love your stamping and your idea to put the buttons on top of each other. x

Sharon said...

Great card Kat. You've coloured your image beautifully and I love the layered circle embellishment at the top. Thanks for joining in the first Truly Scrumptious challenge.

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image from Dotties World and the colouring is fabulous. Yummy papers also. Thanks for joining us on our first challenge at Truly Scrumptious. Michele x

Daisy Chain said...

Oh wow. What a lovely summery card. I love that flowery paper, and all the accents. Great image, coloured so beautifully. Thanks for joining in the Truly Scrumptious challenge, hope you can join us again.

Hugs Debbie xx

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

WOW! This is stunning! You did a great job all the way around!
Love the image!! ;))))!!
I love the distress look you create with your cards!
hugz

Dawn said...

Hiya Kat
Well this is yummy!!
Love your choice of papers and your image is coloured beautifully.
Love your distressed circles too!!

Thanks for joining in with our first challenge

Have a great weekend
Dawn

Juliet said...

Gorgeous card Kat - I love this style!
Juliet xx

Louly said...

Oh Kat, I'm so glad you came back for another challenge, I just adore all of your creations.
This one's gorgeous, I love WRMK and all the embellies that match the papers. I recently got given the full WRMK nonsence range to use in a magazine article, I was in seventh heaven!
This card looks fabulous, I love the layered circle. Be sure to drop by Dottie's World tomorrow, I have some news that might interest you. ♥♥♥

Nicola said...

Wow Kat this is gorgeous. Love the image and your fab colouring and what fabby dp´s. -x-

Kimberley said...

Love the title of your blog and your card - well done.

Karen Mortensen said...

It's just gorgeous; love everything about it.
xxx

Beth said...

Such a fabulous card! I love the bright papers and the cuet image! Thanks for joining in the first TS challenge!
Beth xx

Nicole Bailey said...

What a fab card! You color in beautifully, and I love the colors you used.
Thanks for joining us for our very first TS challenge

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, wonderful colours and image and I love the funky flower.